Chapter 68

Hunter's playoff game fell on a Sunday

Hunter's playoff game fell on a Sunday. The Sunday of my birthday. A day I seemingly forgot was even coming up with all the shit that's been happening. Hell Christmas was in two days and I ain't even buy shit for no one.

I was reminded by Celine this morning as she jumped on my bed, cupcake in hand. My mom walking in right behind her.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful" my mother said placing a kiss on my forehead, which automatically put me in a much better mood.

"Happy birthday little sis' make a wish" Celine said as she lit the single candle on the cupcake.

"I wish for you to let me take my as-butt back to sleep" I said laughing lightly hoping my mother didn't catch me almost cursing—just by the look on her face I could tell she definitely caught it.

"Nadia be serious, make a wish" Celine said with a giddy smile on her face.

"Okay" I playfully groaned. I grabbed the cupcake from her hand and proceeded to close my eyes. Blowing out my candle, I made my wish.

After that whole ordeal, everyone began to get ready for Hunter's big game. I know Hunter was hoping to meet both my parents before the game, and I didn't necessarily tell him my father would not be attending.

With everything that occurred regarding my father, I really didn't want to bring Hunter into the drama by telling him. I didn't want Hunter to look at my dad a certain way, but I knew I was going to have to tell him regardless.

My father was probably busy couped up in his hotel room sulking. Either that or he took his flight back to Miami. I was just glad my mom was here at least. I could only imagine the chaos that will ensue once she gets back and confronts him.

For today, that was on the back of my mind.

Hunter was kind enough to get us a few side line passes, which was a first. It gave me the opportunity to wish him luck before the game began.

It was cold as shit outside too, didn't know how my baby was going to survive playing in this weather.

I was interrupted out of my thoughts by the ping of my phone signifying I got a text—I immediately checked it: