Part 3

Published: Nov. 22, 2018----Edited: Sept. 30, 2020

It has been fifteen days since Jared left for Germany and more than a week since she started working in his company head office as a financial assistant. In those times, she never heard anything from him.

After their encounter in their bed and he went to the bathroom, she too got up. She then went to the other room to have a bath as her personal belongings were still inside the suitcases. After she had taken a shower, she called her family back in England. Thankful for her being forethoughtful and ordered a sim card, she received it before arriving here.

To hear news from her mother, especially the welfare of her brother, made Katelyn happy. The knowledge that he is coping positively with the changes in his life after the transplant made her feel relief. It seems like a thick lump on her throat was removed, and fresh air was able to aerate her blood, giving her renewed energy.

The past four years were a nightmare to Katelyn. Her father died because of a car accident. After his death, they found out; he had used most of their properties as a mortgage in a bank. The money was then used in their company when it had encountered financial problems, but it was still unable to recover. The interest filed up, resulting in foreclosure.

The next year, her younger brother had a renal failure that needed a kidney transplant. Her mother's plan of sending her to one of the most expensive universities turned into a cheaper one. All of those events had made her carefree teenage life turned into a stressful one. Not only had she needed to adjust to her new lifestyle but work as well as study. It is so she can help ease their financial needs by paying for her expenses.

Their company, which is managed by her mom, needed new investors. The big problem was no one would invest in a company whose control was a newbie and depleted of its capital, good thing there was Meme and the Steele group. Their presence in her life uplifted the status of their company from bankruptcy. Her brother, will also not become a viscount without a pound to his name anymore. She never regretted succumbing to marriage without love because of her brother's life, and solving all their financial needs is essential to her than her desires.

"Katelyn, it is going to be lunchtime, will you eat your lunch together with me?"

The voice of Tess awakened Katelyn from her thoughts and realized that she had stopped typing the report of last week's cash expenditure of every department. She looked at the time in her computer monitor and saw that it was already 10 minutes before 12, their lunch break. She was so engrossed with her past that she forgot the time.

She turned her head towards Tess, "sure, but I have to finish this first as Mrs. Winters needs this before two in the afternoon. Also so, that when we come back from lunch, I only have to check it and then print it out, ready to hand it over to her. " she immediately feeds information on the excel format on the computer.

"Thank you! I will have a companion in eating," relief was heard in Tess's voice while she pats Katelyn arms, insinuating the desire of her companionship.

Katelyn stopped and smiled at Tess, "how about them?" She pointed to the other six people inside the room."

"Well, I still feel awkward eating with them as you know they are mostly our seniors here," she whispered.

"You're not alone having that sentiment."

Tessa May or Tess entered the company together with her, and since their first day, they had eaten with two or three seniors each day. Though their seniors are helpful, Katelyn, like Tess, also wanted to have close friends. As Tess seemed approachable and friendly, Katelyn has begun to like her company.