17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}

Jabri Hampton

Jabri Hampton

"Where the fuck you going?" Shooter ugly ass asked as soon as I hit the living room. "Out, you dusty ass muthafucka. Why you even here?" I grumbled as I moved around the living room, getting the rest of my shit together. I was headed out to pick up Rai' so we could start our night. I ain't gon' lie, I was excited to see her tonight, it's been a few days. With her hours and my shit picking up it was getting a lil hard to spend time together. We was gon' make it work though.

"With who? You got a shorty?" He looked at me like I wasn't myself. "Yeah and no you don't know her. Nosey." I answered the question I knew he would ask me. "Damn, since when? I been gone that long?" He scratched his face making me chuckle. "You been gone hella long nigga. But, I really ain't told nobody. Reem and them met her already though cus' she came around a couple times." I told him. "Oh word? That's facts! Where y'all going?" He asked. "We gon' do some paint shit, probably go eat." I told him as I grabbed my keys. "True. C safe my nigga, you got food in this bitch though?" His hungry ass walked over to the kitchen.

"Moms re-uped earlier so it's shit in there." I let him know. "Heard ju, my nigga." He already had his face in the fridge as I prepared to leave out. "Lock my shit up." I yelled after him before shutting the door. I unlocked my phone and sent Rai' a text to let her know that I was on my way to her.

Delivered: on my way to you in a minute. you ready?

iMessage from Rai' 👅💦: yes 😁 I am! I'm hungry, can you feed me first?

Delivered: ya ass always hungry yo 😂 i gotchu though. what you want?

iMessage from Rai'👅💦: you 😌 papi LOL.

Delivered: 😮 oh wooord?! be to you in like 3mins then 😂

iMessgae from Rai' 👅💦: 😂😂 i'll be waiting

Instead of responding, I just smiled to myself and hopped in the truck. Rai' really had a nigga blushing all the time forreal. Shit was bugging me out but it felt good.

"HELL NO! Change." Rai' laughed in my face like shit was funny. She talking about she ready but when I got here, she telling me to come upstairs. "Jabri." She was famous for calling my name in this particular tone. "Sarai'." I mocked her. "I'm deadass. You ain't got no other sweats? Rai' look at ya shit...just look." I was stressed. Rai' ass was just too much for these streets, man. I watched her as she examined herself in the mirror before she glanced at me. "Jah, what's the problem? I'm comfortable, I'm wearing tennis shoes too! I look good, no?" She was facing me now as I just stared down at her.

"Hell yeah! That's the problem...can't hide nothing. How you fill out sweats so perfectly? They supposed to be baggy or some shit." I groaned in frustration. I got her hanging in Harlem with me today which meant that niggas was gon' test me cus' I'm outside. She must want me to wash niggas. "I can't hide my ass Jah. It is what it is and like I've told you before, I don't dress for you." She quickly pecked my lips, grabbed her purse and walked right out the room. I stood there dumbfounded for a minute.