If you're an Owl, I'm an Owl

When Serena got back into the routine of classes and Quidditch practice, she was back on the pitch almost every evening practicing with her team. Their next match was against Ravenclaw and they had to win. Ravenclaw had beaten Hufflepuff in their last match and Serena was ready to bring them down.

By the time February rolled around, everyone in the school knew Oliver and Serena were together. They spent every minute together outside of classes and when they weren’t spending time together, they were thinking about each other constantly.

The Ravenclaw game was two days away so Serena was holding longer practices. As Serena made her way down to the Quidditch pitch, she was thinking about what Oliver was doing. She didn’t know what was wrong with her. She had never thought about anyone this much before.

“Oi, Carrow!” yelled Flint as she approached the locker rooms.

“What?” she snapped.

“I’m a bit tense,” he said. “How about you and I head back to the common room after practice…spend a little alone time together if you know what I mean.”

“No, Flint,” she spat. “I’m done with that. I won’t have you manipulate me anymore.”

“What are you talking about?” he growled. “We had a deal.”

“Well the deal’s off. I don’t know why I ever agreed to it anyway. You’re a fantastic player, Flint. But…you’re a hog.”

Serena stormed into the locker rooms leaving Flint as if he wanted her to explode into a million tiny pieces. She wasn’t going to let him have power over her anymore. She was the Captain of the team, and she was exclusive with Oliver. She wasn’t going to mess around with him anymore.

Marcus refused to listen to Serena for the rest of practice. He kept doing the opposite of what she ordered and she made a mental note to talk to Carmelita after practice to see if she wanted to play on Saturday.

After a two-hour practice, Serena sent the team to the showers. Marcus was shooting her death glares all throughout practice, but she didn’t care. She could kick his arse off the team if she wanted to.

“Serena!” said Oliver as he met her at the entrance of the castle.

“Hey!” she said as she hugged him. She inhaled his scent and imagined the two of them alone somewhere quiet. Then, she remembered the secret spot that Oliver had shown her before Christmas.

“Can we go somewhere?” she asked. He smiled.

“Anywhere.”

Serena led him back to the Quidditch pitch where both of them grabbed their brooms. Oliver followed Serena to their spot and they cuddled together underneath the stars.

“It’s colder than I thought it would be,” she said as she moved closer to him.

“Yeah,” he said. “Here, come closer.”

Serena moved so close to Oliver that she might as well be sitting in his lap. She placed her head on his shoulder as he stroked her hair.

“You ready for the match?” he asked. Serena breathed out.

“I hope so,” she said. “I kind of yelled at Flint today…a lot. I don’t know if he’s going to cooperate. He’s still pissed that he’s not Captain.”

“He wants to win just as much as you do,” he said. “He’s a prat, but he’s still competitive. Don’t worry. You’ll do great.”

“I really hope so,” she said. She looked over at Hogwarts and loved how it lit up the entire sky at night.