8.6 One Plus One Makes Three, Gentlemen

"What is one plus one?"

*crickets chirping*

BAM! and the youngest emperor Mu BoLin laughed his guts out. The healthy laughter of the kid echoed to the whole hall. He was laughing for the whole day, making everyone look at him as he clutches his own sides. A clear throating made the young emperor stop laughing.

"Sorry, sorry," Mu BoLin said, wiping his tears. "I just got... pffft-... carried away."

The one who cleared his throat is the innocent emperor, Chang MingYu. Everyone moved in unison, shifting their accusing gazes towards the emperor. They look at him with "why did you ask that" eyes. The culprit only returned their look as he was saying, "well I did ask a question, right?"

Nobody said that he couldnt ask simple questions like this. Who assumed that he would give a difficult one? The rules are not clear. And by just that Lang Yuan could get another point for himself.

Chang MingYu gently arched his brows waiting for Lang Yuan to answer. As for Lang Yuan, he was a bit stunned. His bad condition did not stop him from making a distorted face, wondering what kind of brain this emperor is bringing. But just then, that question isn't really something nonsense.

It has a meaning.

Lang Yuan slightly lowered his head to hide the tips of his lips as they curled up slightly. If anyone could see that face, they will think that Lang Yuan is just a maiden who was flattered by a compliment. Chang MingYu cleared his throat again. He's reminding Lang Yuan to quickly answer.

"Your Highness," Lang Yuan called softly. "The answer is two."

Mu BoLin stood up from his chair and started clapping as if he was injected with chicken blood. Chang MingYu shrugged his shoulders with a wide grin and nodded. He looked around, seeing the astonished faces of the crowd. Now that Lang Yuan answered it correctly, why are they not cheering? Only Mu BoLin made his expectations right.

"Well, what should I say? Lady Candidate Lou, should I ask the scholars to confirm if he answered it correctly?" Chang MingYu asked him with a sarcastic tone. "Or would you rather want me to ask more questions? Well, it's not that I don't like it but I'm afraid I only have DIFFICULT questions at hand."

Lou MuLan who thought that Lang Yuan would actually fall this round seethed in anger. What's more, she didn't expect that this emperor would just play coyly this time. Her fault or his fault, she can no longer stall time. Her actions are actually more questionable from the first place. Why accuse Lang Yuan cheating if everyone saw how Lang Yuan reacted to the materials given to him? All can see that the youth seems so shock and did not use the materials.

The human thought that those things are useless and used a 'new' method to solve it.

"Well...? I am waiting," Chang MingYu said.

"I... T-this servant has nothing to say," Lou MuLan stammered. "The E-empress Candidate i-is free to go."

"Good," the emperor nodded.

The maids hurriedly returned to Lang Yuan's side and helped him walk out. Zhong Song carefully watched Lang Yuan. And when he was out, he searched around to look at Chang MingYu. The emperor only gave him a solemn face and nod before sitting. Zhong Song did not want to have a favor from him but this would be the best. He nodded, thanking Chang MingYu grudgingly to his heart.

When Lang Yuan was out, the first thing he did is to look for a warm source. The Higher Realm has a pleasant temperature. However, due to dragons being cold-blooded, they can't have the same warm tolerance as the humans. They can't last for colder regions either. That's why the temperature is regulated to not make them toast or become a popsicle.