࿐ 0.4

"𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣
𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚
𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥𝙨
𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙬
𝙣𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙖, 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣."
————●━━━━━━
1:06-1:48

🌧"she's in the rain," jaehyun sings as he slowly pulls himself away from yujin, his hands on her shoulders

🌧

"she's in the rain," jaehyun sings as he slowly pulls himself away from yujin, his hands on her shoulders. he looks at her in the eye before smiling slowly at her, in which she returns it genuinely.

"when i look at how beautiful you are," jaehyun sings as he picks up the umbrella and holds her as they stand and he holds the umbrella both of them. he isn't lying. yujin was simply stunning, and till now jaehyun didn't know how lucas even had the heart to tear hers apart.

they are mere inches apart, and jaehyun swears he never saw so much meaning behind the eyes of a person before — "time stops."

yujin feels her heart slowly beating a little faster, and so does jaehyun's. jaehyun leans in slowly before planting a small kiss on yujin's forehead. he pulls away and yujin looks at him before wrapping her arms around his waist once more, leaning her head against his chest.

tears fall from her eyes again as she slowly chuckles. "you know... you still haven't told me your name yet." jaehyun returns the gesture, before saying it — "jaehyun."

"jaehyun?" yujin nods her head, processing jaehyun's name in her head. "jaehyun... i just wanted to say thank you." she moves her head and looks him in the eye. "i feel like my heart has been shattered, but you're the one person who is holding onto the last tiny piece of it right now. it's as if you held it so safely within the palm of your hand and i could not be more grateful for that.""

jaehyun feels his heart warm. he doesn't know much about yujin, but he feels a personal connection with her like with nobody else. besides, caring for his mother all these years have been nothing but a social drainage to jaehyun — he had to throw away so many people — important people for that matter. he had secluded himself like never before. he had shut all his doors out — was he finally getting back what he deserved?

love? warmth? happiness?

jaehyun knows that love and happiness doesn't last forever. so if those don't last a lifetime, it's no different for pain and sorrow. pain and sorrow are truly inevitable today, but it's how you bring yourself out of it.

and sometimes, the only way in which you can bring yourself out of it, is by having the right people, not the closest people by your side. because you never know when the closest people can turn their backs against you and break your heart.

and that was exactly the case with yujin. she had given every single bit of her entire heart, her entire soul, her entire being to lucas. she had given him so much of her, but he never did the same. he decided to take it all from yujin, but give it to somebody else instead.

and with jaehyun, it was no different, but so different at the same time. jaehyun never knew what love felt like. he never experienced love first-hand before, but he had given so much of his life, dedicating so much of his time; all for one person — his mother. for five long years. he knows that teenage love was now far behind him, way beyond reach.

but as the pair that just met today embraced each other warmly under the chilly rain, they knew that sometimes it's the people you know the least are the people who draw you in the most. they felt a solace, warmth and comfort that they never felt before — something so tangible, yet felt otherwise for so long.

jaehyun and yujin lacked that for so many years in their lives, but to finally experience it for the first time today, together, it all felt as if it made sense now. it all seemed as if their timings perfectly aligned for them to meet in the pouring rain; an umbrella sheltering two broken hearts.

and despite their broken pieces, they both felt a security with one another in which they can simply trust each other with their broken pieces. for them to hold, and for them to mend.

while holding is simple, mending is a whole different, uphill task. mending required patience, trust, and lots and lots of love.

but if there was one thing that the pair knew, it was that they could not only trust each other, but take the next step of mending each other's hearts, while mending their own as well.

🌧
a bit more sentimental chapter :^) i hope you guys are liking this so faaaar