8.7 One Plus One Makes Three, Gentlemen

Note: NSFW alert. Just that. I know my warning will be ignored by you guys anyway ha ha ha ha

"Imperial Father!" JiDan called out.

Yu XueQin should be waiting on the front door to receive Lang Yuan but the emperor is nowhere in sight. He decided to walk inside the room and carefully placed Lang Yuan down. It was this time when Yu XueQin arrived. His footsteps are heavy and the air around him is full of killing intent. JiDan looked up to his father and found a part of his robes bloody.

He didn't ask. Yu XueQin gave him a nod.

"And here I thought you abandoned him," the little dragon said.

But Yu XueQin did no reply and only narrowed his eyes. JiDan can fell the anger of a dragon rising and gulped down. He shook his head, looking at his mother again, and heaved a sigh. The small dragon leaned to Lang Yuan's face and gave him a kiss on the cheeks. Then, he looks up at Yu XueQin, his face gentle like a son asking a favor for his father.

There's no need to ask. Yu XueQin will really do anything to make Lang Yuan safe.

JiDan left his mother and father alone, closing the room as he went out. Then, he positioned himself to kneel a few meters in front of the door. There, the little dragon kneeled and bowed his head touching the ground. He will remain in this kowtow position until one of his parents will come out from the room.

This is his prayers to the gods.

Yu XueQin stared at the closed door for a while. Then, he shifted his sight towards the lying figure on the bed. He removed his bloody robes and tosses it to the corner of the room before going to the side of Lang Yuan. The youth has his eyes close but he is not sleeping. At least, he can still hear JiDan speaking.

The emperor climbs up to the edge. The bed dipped for a bit as he moved closer to Lang Yuan. His long hair draped down to the youth's face, brushing his skin. Lang Yuan forced his eyes open to see the blurry image of the emperor.

It has been a few weeks since they meet this close. They are only looking at each other's eyes - Yu XueQin as the emperor and Lang Yuan as the Empress Candidate. Nothing new happened between them, not a single change. Yet, why do they feel like there's longing in between them?

No, it's not longing. Yu XueQin is somehow sure of it. What he was feeling towards Lang Yuan is just plain responsibility. And this itch in his heart is just plain irritation. He made all possible protection behind the scenes, watching Lang Yuan in the shadow every night when the youth sleeps. He even returned to his hobby when he was still young, wearing a mask while acting like a stranger.

Yes, Yu XueQin somehow pretended like a mysterious man in a black robe in the past. There are only a few people who know about it: his personal shadow guards, the empress dowager, and JiDan. Zhong Song is not aware of this secret.

He was planning to use this identity to secretly help Lang Yuan. He's not worried about the competition. If Lang Yuan did not win, then who cares? He already told them that he will choose the very first person who can give him an heir. Any other than that, they will be a decoration.

Plus, JiDan is satisfactory enough. He never meets a child dragon who has a strong will that has the guts to offend his father. JiDan's character is enough to rule a kingdom for a thousand of years. He never thought that there would be anyone who can excel like JiDan.

"I'm sorry..." he gently whispered. "I have been careless."

He only used his black masked identity once. It was during that one time after the announcement of the first competition. Other than that, he remained hidden. He used JiDan as his cover as he trail Lang Yuan around. Actually, the one who takes good care in these recent days documents are JiDan. His genetic memory is enough to handle the simple cases.