jung chanwoo - "cupid"

"welcome to cupid central. please enter your id number." the fancy machine spoke.

you quickly punched in 928075526240. you sighed at the heavy amount of numbers that you had to memorize. in a grumbling manner, you spewed "they always give the new people the biggest codes to memorize, but when it comes to the elders it's always a 4 digit number. unfairness is all i see here."

finally, the machine let you inside.
the front desk clerk,hanbin, grumpily greeted you. "morning (y/n)."

you rushed a hello to hanbin and ran to your office. "let's see what case we have lined up today." you scanned the files placed on your desk. "seo changbin? Seems like he would take a while, we'll work with him later. kang seulgi ?she's beautiful i doubt her crush wouldn't return the feelings. jung chanwoo? seems like a tough boy. he isn't too bad looking but it says here that he is really awkward when it comes to women. well then let's get this case solved so i can start on the next one."

-

from high above the above the clouds you went to the exact coordinates and time your file gave you. you licked your bottom lip and swiftly grabbed the arrow that was slung on your shoulder. it took a while but you finally positioned the arrow to hit jung chanwoo's crush, han jilee.

you swooned over the sight of the tall boy whose hair was pushed off to the side and had light red puffy cheeks just looking at the girl.you sighed, "it's a shame that i have to do this and that she'll be in love with him after this. i wouldn't have minded being with him myself."

your mental timer went off and you aimed at jilee for the arrow of love to hit her heart. your hands and breath started to get shaker as you got closer to the time that you needed to release the arrow. you calmed yourself down and let go of the arrow and it hit the target, han jilee's heart.

now was the most entertaining part of it all.when the two got into a relationship. it was more satisfying than entertaining, it was rewarding to see a smile on each person's face as they kissed after feelings had been accepted.

there chanwoo stood and played with his fingers. he was shaking quite badly and it made you frown, because you wanted nothing more than to handle the boy in your warm embrace.

at that moment it seemed he was wrapping up his confession the young lady. "a-and i was wondering if you wanted to maybe catch a movie sometime?"

you started to collect your things and get up from your spot. "and this is where she says yes."

"um chanwoo you're a sweet guy, but i don't feel that way about you."

you gasped in shock, "what the hell! i'm sure the shot i made was dead center. there's no way it didn't make it and i checked my arrows before i left headquarters."

you got out your goggles that detect if and where you hit the target. "it says that i hit her in her heart and right in the center too! why is she not accepting his confession?"

you continued to frown as you looked down on chanwoo who seemed upset and kept kicking a trash can. "i swear i'll get to the bottom of this chanwoo...i don't even know you but it hurts to see you hurting."

-

you were before the man himself, the original cupid. "cupid , sir. i swear i have proof i hit her right in the center. i took a screenshot on my goggles and even sent it to bang chan, your secretary, just to prove it." you had never felt this nervous not even when working with the ultimate cupid worker, kim namjoon.

cupid gave you a side eye and yelled: "PULL UP THE SCREENSHOT!" those words caused an ache in your heart and you hung your head low. he analyzed the photo like it was a test that he desperately needed to pass. "it seems you did. congratulations on a clear, clean, and cut shot.it's one of the best and may have even surpassed kim namjoon's shots. how unfortunate that there's only one possible problem we could have."

"and that would be?" you said nervously which included beads of sweat forming around your head, your voice shaking, and you timidly squealing at any little sound.

"did you, miss (l/n), fall in love without the client, jung chanwoo?"

Word Count: 764