CHAPTER 17

ELLAYAH'S POV

"come on chill, she doesn't know even a bit about the real story. don't worry brother, I'll talk to her." Akshy was comforting me as soon she found out what happened.

"akshy, you know how ego I was. You know I don't chase people, people chase me yet i let go all of my ego and go down for her but this is what i get, you know how hurting for me to hear what she said?"

I was really disappointed, I put all of my effort on her but this is what i get. she talks to me as if my intention was to kill her dad.

"oh come on, here, cheers. let's forget about it for a while. rest your mind bro!" akshy said while handing me a bottle of beer.

I took a deep breath then continued drinking. Then all of sudden a guy came to us.

"akshy!! sino yan kasama mo?" the guy said while pulling akshaya's hand roughly.

"don't touch me! you're not the boss of me" akshaya said while pulling her hands away from him.

"wait wait? who are you to pull her hands?" I said while standing up. i was about to hit him when he continued " wala kang kinalaman dito, strangers ka lang sa buhay namin ni akshaya"

but then akshaya slapped him and said " Don't you dare! he is my cousin, pinsan ko na parang kuya ko na rin. kaya you have no rights to say that Rhonie! if anyone here is strangers, that will be you!"

I was touched when she said that but from her look itself, I can see that she wasn't happy. She used to talk in confidence when she faces people. Today, for the first time, I saw her talking nervously. as if she was forced to say that.

"ako ba ang strangers sa buhay mo? hah, thank you so much akshy dahil pinrove mo na mali ang decision ko, you keep proving me wrong. you will never change." and then he walked away out of anger leaving akshaya speachless.

a sudden tears fall from akshaya's eyes. and that is when I knew she is in love. She never cries for anyone, no matter how hurting it is. The last time I saw her cry was when her puppy passed away and she was 13 then.

"akhy?" i said while facing her to me. she wasn't looking at me. she tilted her head down as i can hear her sobbing.

i hugged her and said "everything will be alright, I'll talk to him"

she remained silent. crying on my shoulder. I also realized that love can change anyone. from bad to good. from strong to weak and sometimes you'll ended up getting hurt over the tiniest issue when you really love someone.

RUBY'S POV

"aghhh, grabe ang sakit!" I said while smashing all the vases on the table.

I stand infront the mirror looking myself crying as my eyes were smudge with mascara.

"look at yourself ruby, you look awful. look how love can turn you into. hmm please stay strong. you can move on, you can Ruby!" I said while taking my make up wipes and wiped my make up off.

"its hard, ITS HARD!" I said while crying louder . I was hurt, no matter how hard i try, i still ended up thinking of him. At this point, I didn't really care about his fault. All i want him to do is to hug me and say he still loves me. Is that too hard for him?

/ring ring/

my phone rang it was from an unknown number.

i cleared my voice and answer "hello"

"hi ruby, are you ready? i thought of passing by your room so that we could go to the party together." Ellayah's mom was on the line

"oh.." i said. i don't really know what to say. i looked around and my room is a mess. there is broken glasses every where, full with dresses on the floor.

"i haven't get ready yet. uhmm... I'll be late actually. why don't you guys go ahead first"

"oh no worries honey, we'll just help you out, plus lani haven't do her make up yet. the make up artist haven't arrived"

"you're hiring a make up artist? cancel it, i can help her out tita" i said without thinking twice I only said that because I'm really interested in make up.

"oh you would?" she asked

"yup, and I'll just get ready in your room tita" i also only said that because my room is a mess, I can't function with my room ugly as hell

"oh sure you can, that will be fun. getting ready with manugang" she said while laughing

ofcourse i fake laughed back too.

ELLAYAH'S POV

"mom, i really need to go" i said while adjusting my tie.

"anak, pls. ruby will be here any minute"

"I'm not in a mood for her, i need to be there for akshaya mom, so please. let me go" I said. I love ruby but akshaya needs me tonight. i know she is still hurting. she might not make any speech tonight. i might be the one who will be taking the party over.

"okay fine, whatever" my mom said while adjusting my hair

/door bells/

"I'll open it mama" lany said while hopping towards the door.

"oh hey" i heard a woman's voice in a high pitch and i knew it was ruby.

"hello po ate ruby"

"hi, you look pretty in this dress" she said while touching lany's dress. She always have a soft heart for kids.

"mom i gotta go" i said while kissing her cheeks.

i was about to walk across that door where Ruby is standing. my heart couldn't ignore her. I keep telling my head to open my mouth but I couldn't. I had enough with the disappointment she gave me just now.

I tried to popened my mouth to talk to her as she widened her eyes, probably expecting me to say something or probably asking me to shut up.

"you guys take care okay? i love you....." i said and then continued " i love you lany baby" while i mess her hair.

"hey! kuya!" she shouted back

i walk away with a heavy feeling. only god knows how i feel.