chapter seven- I don't leave Nuisances around my work place

I was setting out a few things before the close of work by four when a call came into the office line.

So much for being a secretary.

But I answered the call anyway.

" Good Afternoon, Brooks and Shields Companies, how may I help you?"

" Jules?"

" Mr McConnell, it's nice to hear from you again " I took a seat after relaxing because it's not a business call.

" And from you too. How you doing?"

" Well, I'm fine if I may say, what of you?"

" I'm good. The office is not as effective without you here but we're surviving "

" I could always come back and you'll send someone else here instead " I chirped with a little too much enthusiasm.

  There was a slight pause between us before he talked again.

" Someone seems eager to leave, any problem with your boss? I can always discipline him"

  If only you disciplined him five years earlier.

" No nothing at all, I just miss my old place that's all" The lie falling from my lips like leaves in autumn.

" You'll like this place better, believe me. You can make new friends and go get a view of the city."

  Sorry, but I don't make friends with devil associates.

I mean really?? Chance is here too?

But a view of the city was already part of my plans so that doesn't sound bad at all.

" I did plan on taking Louie out for a walk tonight " I sighed

" Good for you, you're warming up to the city already. Speaking of which, how's my little fighter?"

  I smiled at his description of Louisa, but answered still.

" She's fine, just being her-" Well I wasn't able to finish because my door bursted open and exposed the little love of my life.

" Mummy!!!!" She screamed and ran to come give me a hug where I was seated.

" My my, speak of the devil " Mr McConnell chuckled through the receiver " I'll leave you to it, take care alright "

  He ended the call after I mumbled a thank you.

  I kept the phone and decided to deal with the real issue here.

" Alright, Louie spill, why were you running?" I placed my hands on my waist and waited for her reply.

" Wellll-" She started but was cut off with Clarissa wobbling into the room, breathing like she has an asthma.

" I'm" She swallowed " I'm so sorry miss Shawn, i tried stopping her but she wouldn't just give up. And Jesus Christ she's a runner " She gripped her chest to steady her breathing.

Now I know why she was running.

I laughed at the scenario that just unfolded before me.

" No problems, I told her to come here. She was just following instructions " I bent over to carry the little devil.

" How did she find here anyway?" She asked after restoring her composure.

" That's true, how did you find here?" I asked her nuzzling face in my neck

" Edward told me the directions " She whispers into my ear so no one else could hear it.

  I smiled at her and kept her back on her two feet.

" No worries then" I turned back to Clarissa.

" No, there is a worry. Mr McConnell doesn't allow children into the office. It's against the rules "

  Why am I not surprised? Well a devil can do it all.

" Fine, we're on our way out" I picked my bag and took hold of Louie's hand.

" I don't think so"

Oh no...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hunter's P.O.V
———————

  Do these people not have any respect for the fact that my office is directly besides theirs?

   All the running and ruckus finally distract me from the deal compromise I was writing down for tomorrow's meeting.

  And they will not be going without seeing me.

   I dropped the pen and walked abruptly to the door and opened it.

  And guess the first thing I hear.

" Fine, we're on our way out " And I believe that is coming from Iris.

  I approach her office door and see Clarissa leaned by it.

" I don't think so " Was my grand entrance.

   I wanted to just ask about the noise and disturbance but when Iris pushed a small person behind her, I had other questions in mind.

" Clarissa, you can take your leave now " Knowing what is best for her, she left without complain.

  I turned back to Iris and she was eyeing me waringly. So that piqued my interest even more.

" Who's behind you?" My voice calm and subtle but you can detect the rage hanging on it's edge.

  I strictly have a rule against kids in my building and yet here is one disrupting my business.

  She didn't answer my question and I had to repeat it again in case she had gone deaf for a minute there.

  Still no response from her, but that is not all i noticed.

  She was trembling. It was clear in her eyes that she was scared at the moment but why?

   She had the whole morning to be scared of me and she wasn't, till now.

" Iris, move " A clear cut command with no room for questions.

  But she didn't listen. Still stubborn headed whilst I was losing my patience.

" I said move!" My voice reverberating off the walls and I'm very sure the last floor heard me.

  But that was what it took to make her take one step to the side.

"M-mummy?" A small girl that shouldn't be more than four was revealed and the tremble in her voice resembled that of her mom.

   The little girl looks so fragile, with her small frame and blue eyes. Although her body was trembling her blue eyes gave a clear indication that she hadn't given up yet.

  At least she's more interesting than her mom.

" I'll take it as you didn't know my rules about children in the office premises, so I'll pardon for today. Next time, I don't leave nuisances around my work place " Was the last thing I said before I walked out of the room and heard her sigh.