Chapter 8.

50 or so houses stare back at me. So many to choose from, beautiful, spacious, private, and at a great distance to not run into Keith and his love interest.

Ever since I was young, I have always longed to have my own house, this as a sign of independence. The experience of having your own place with a great view , the thought of owning something.

I guess the whole deal with Keith came up right when I'd started saving. I was determined that after 6months, I'd have enough money to purchase one and from there, I'd create an opening for future plans.

It might be 2 years, but not 2years late where I can't still focus on my future, well different plans at that, because I'd planned one for Keith and I , if ever we worked out ,but I guess things didn't go as planned.

Feeling hopeless on which one to look into, I capture the top ten I think are best, before making my way out of my room, with my laptop, to ask for assistance.

" Hey Sarah, I need your help......" I trail off and stop in my tracks, when I almost bump into Keith's chest.

" Sorry." I mumble, attempting to walk around him and talk to Sarah, but I'm stopped, his hand on my wrist.

My breath hitches and I slowly trail my eyes from his hand to his face, which is emotionless.

" What do you need?" He asks.

Wow, I've only heard him ask me this once or twice in the time I've known him.

" Um, it's nothing serious, don't worry about it." I say, trying to pull my hand back but he tightens his grip , he takes my face in, before releasing my hand and grabbing the laptop from me, walking over to sit at the barstool.

" Keith---------"  His hand mid air silences me, as he looks through the houses I've selected.

He doesn't take long before he turns to face me, closing the laptop.

" I was thinking that I should start looking through houses, you know,  Rick said -----------"

" I know what Rick said, but you seem to forget that the month long period, has only started today."

" But I thought --------"

" Until it has ended, none of us get our ends of the deal."

I sigh, feeling defeated now. I mean I really hoped I'd be gone before his ' lady ' came to live here.

" Oh......." I trail off, not really knowing what to say anymore.

Silence surrounds us, while he takes a last glance to the pictures before rising to his feet and start for the exit.

" Wait, Keith!" I call him.

He stops and looks over his shoulder at me. "I can still apartment search right, just until the month is over."

Please say yes, please say yes....

" Fine." He all but grumbles , walking out and leaving me with a sad smile.

I might have a chance at focusing on my future, but it still saddens me that we might not see each other ever again, or as often as I could.

Pulling the laptop towards me, I look at the houses and just start from the beginning.

Guess I've got some apartment searching to do.

                           ******

I've got it!

I can't believe I did it, now all I have to do is go check out the place. I'd already emailed the real estate agent and I have set up a meeting, for the afternoon, right after lunch.