Chapter 11

You walked around the room as Joyce held the measuring tape. Bob sits at the table, leaning over the map of Hawkins with a meter stick.

"All right. I'm at 3.6 inches, what do you got?" Bob asks. "I'm not sure, Mrs. Byers?" Mike yells from inside of Wills room, holding the end of the measuring tape.

"Hold on... 21 feet and 4 inches!" Joyce says as she measures some of the house.

"What about Tippecanoe to Danford Creek?" Bob asks.

Joyce sighs, "W-where Danford?"

"Over here!" You say from the dining room.

"16 feet 10 inches," Joyce says to Bob. "How about Danford to Jordan?" Bob asks as he gots his notes down.

"Dammit," you say as you rub your face in exhaustion.

"Oh come on this has got to be enough," Joyce says as Mike comes back into the room.

"It's not... it's really not," Bob says, clearly irritated.

"Can't you just figure it out?" She asks as you, Mike, and Will circle around the table Bob sat at.

"It's hard. The ratio isn't exactly one to one. But if your twisting my arm, and you are twisting me arm, I'd say...the X is maybe a half a mile southeast of Danford," Bob says with a sigh.

"Thank you! Thank you," Joyce says as she kisses Bobs cheek. You put your hair in a ponytail as everyone but Bob starts to leave the house.

"Wait, are we really going?!"

Meanwhile with Jim Hopper-
He was somewhat in the middle of the underground vines.

He walked unevenly, seeing that he was sprayed with poison from the monster.

There he stood where all of the things this monster ate had disgusted, in other words, a graveyard. He took off his jacket and tied it to a bone sticking out of some dead animal.

He lit his jacket on fire with his lighter and touched the wall with it. All the vines backed away from the heat of the fire, showing Hopper some dirt.

He set his torch down and started digging. After a bit, he grown weak and tired. The poison in his system wasn't helping either.

He finally sat down and took a break.

He would cough up some poison and then gasp for air. His consciousness was wearing thin. He was about to stand when some vines grabbed his leg.

"Son of a bitch!" He yelled and stood up.

He reached for his pocket knife and cut a few around his ankles. That gave just enough time for other vines to crawl up his back and take him down to the ground.

He yelled and struggled against the monsters vines.

Until his whole body, besides his face, was covered in the deadly vines....

Back with you-
You wore one of Wills hoodies to stay warm. You, Will, and Mike all sat in the back seat of Mrs. Byers car as Bob was in the passenger seat.

"Where is he?" Joyce asks.

"We're in the vicinity," Bob says as he looks at the map.

"What does that mean? Vicinity?" Joyce mumbles.

It breaks out an argument, that none of the kids joined. You see Will close his eyes for a split seconds and then they snap open.

"Turn right!" Will shouts.