Chapter seven

My phone buzzed again. No :0 I still want to meet you tonight, but I thought it would be better if it was kind of a… date? X

I felt butterflies in my stomach. Really? My phone buzzed again; Yeah, you know, I have to tell you something tonight, but um… maybe we can meet a little earlier so I can tell you? X

Hm… okay that didn’t sound good, but sure.

Sure, when and where? X

Six pm, little playground at the park, that one with the swings? X

Sounds okay to me (:

See you later Ash <3

I started smiling. I was having my first date. I’d never had a date before. And right now I had a date with probably the most handsome and cutest boy in the world.  I closed my eyes for a few minutes again, I’d have no homework, because I didn’t follow the last lessons of today, and the homework that I had was for math, so I’d survive.

When I woke up, it was five pm. Fuck, only one hour till I had to meet Andy.

I stood up, took another painkiller because this pain was killing me. And then took a shower.

I blew my hair dry and applied some eyeliner and mascara around my eyes. I pulled a ripped up black skinny jeans, a KISS tank top and my boots. I looked at the clock; a quarter to six. Time to go to the playground.

That was like a quarter walking, so that was good.

I took my IPod and put on ‘Die for metal’ by Manowar. I liked that song. I put the peers in my ears and walked off to the playground.

Andy was already sitting there at a swing. I pulled the peers out of my ears. “Hey” I said. He looked up “hi Ash” he said. “Sit down” he said, pointing at the other swing. I sat down, looking at my feet shyly.

Andy moved a little closer to me. “Look, Ashley…” he started. “I-I don’t know if you want to hear this, but I really, really like you” he said while blushing. I looked up. “What?” I must have heard that wrong. He can’t love me, he kissed Juliet. Well, they weren’t together, but I really thought he liked her. “I-I like you” he said, his voice shaky, tears filling his eyes.  “A-Ashley I’m so sorry, I-I understand it if you hate me right now” he said.

I just moved closer to him and kissed him softly. He hesitated at first, but then kissed me back, cupping my face softly with his hand.

When we broke apart I stared into his eyes “I really like you too Andy” I said. He just smiled. “Really?” he asked unbelievable. I nodded. we sat there, staring at each other, for good fifteen minutes. “Um… shall we go to Starbucks?” Andy asked weirdly, breaking the silence. “Sure” I said and stood up.

Andy stood up too and took my hand in his.

Hand in hand we walked down the street on our way to the Starbucks.

When we came there, we both ordered an ice coffee. We sat down at a table somewhere in the back. I looked around. At the table a few feet away from ours, was sitting a couple; a girl with blonde hair and a guy with black half long hair. He wore a KISS shirt. When I looked at him, he looked up.

He smiled at me and then went back talking to his girlfriend.

“So…” Andy started weirdly. I looked up at him. “Um… maybe we can get to know each other a little better?” he asked. I nodded, “okay um… if you ask me a question, I answer and then I ask you the same question.” I said. Andy nodded “Okay” he said.

“Um… less favorite place in the world?” “School.” “Same.”

I thought of a question. “favorite animal?” I asked. “Um… I can’t choose; I love seagulls and giraffes”  he giggled. He was so cute. “Yours?” he asked. “I like zebras” I said.

Then Andy’s phone bleeped. He quickly took a look at it and then showed me. I read what the message said. It was from Juliet.

Hey baby, the prom is delayed. It’s now not this Friday, but the one after this. Xxxxxxx love you <3

Andy checked his school mail and Juliet was right. It was delayed.  “Oh” I said. Andy just shrugged “I don’t even want to go with her, but I can’t cancel it anymore” he said.

“Why don’t you want to go with her?” I asked, playing dumbass. “Because I hope to get a boyfriend soon” he said and smiled to me. “Ashley, will you be my boyfriend?” he asked.

I felt butterflies in my stomach. “Of course I will” I said and kissed him softly.

Soon the kiss deepened and I tasted the inside of his mouth. It tasted like cigarettes and bubblegum. A weird, but nice taste. When we broke apart Andy took my hand. “It may be a little early to say this, but I think I love you” he whispered. “I think I love you too” I whispered back.