49 | WELCOME TO THE GOOD LIFE |

➖

ISABELLA SWAN WAS DEAD.

Behind a closed door, Bella Cullen slowly succumbed to the fire in her blood, changing her, morphing her, beginning her rebirth into a fully fledged vampire.

The Cullen family had gathered in the living room as the morning sun dawned, bringing an end to the violent night and bringing new life to the Cullen family. It was all quiet now, all for the exception of the babbling of the happy infant. "Renesmee Briar Cullen," was the full name of the baby girl in Edward's arms according the the elated yet emotionally exhausted new father.

Rosalie beamed at the honor, completely in love with the infant like the rest of room. The others turned to catch Rory's reaction to the name honoring her and Rosalie via the name of a Disney Princess Rory had a life-long gripe with. Edward grinned at her while the baby in his arms giggled and cooed, laying her big brown eyes on her aunt.

"...Fine, I'll take it," Rory, mentally drained from all the high emotions of the last twelve hours, shook her head with a tired grin. "Better her than me," she whispered into Jasper's ear, both chuckling, as Rory pitied the child's mouthful and a half of a name.

Emmett crossed his arms as they watched Edward pass Renesmee to Jacob while he went to check on Bella for the umpteenth time since she began the Change.

"One hell of a night, don't you think?"

Rory snorted, "Hey, you didn't miss the fight this time, at least."

"Hell yeah," Emmett smirked as they all recalled the shocking turn of events that followed Bella's bloody birth.

Jacob hurried out of the house after realizing he had imprinted on Renesmee. "Stop! It's over!" he shouted.

Rory had chased after her stepbrother to the sliding glass door, sensing something significant had occurred. She couldn't wait inside any longer, not helping her family in the fight when she knew she could stop it all with one breath. Upon seeing the love of his life and his newborn niece step out of the safety of the house, Jasper dodged Paul's bite and ran to Rory in a flash, standing in front of her and Renesmee defensively, the Major out in full force.

Sam let out a bark of laughter and three wolves flanked him, heading toward the house. They had their eyes set right on Rory, specifically, the baby she carried. It triggered a long-dead feeling of maternal protectiveness—the Mama Bear syndrome. And she'd be damned if she allowed a hair on Renesmee's head be harmed.

Enraged by their stubbornness, Rory, cradling the infant to her chest, bellowed, "NO MORE! You will all end this violence now." Rory continued, glaring at both sides of the fight, shapeshifter and vampire, Cullen and Pack member.

Each side promptly stopped what they were doing to listen to her Command. Emmett released Embry's dark gray wolf he had had his arms wrapped around, Seth's sandy-brown wolf backed away from Jared's dark brown wolf, and Paul's razor sharp canines snapped shut and away from Alice's face to look toward Rory.