Chapter 12 Cherry lip balm

"Where have you been ? I haven't seen you in two days !"

"Oh? So you admit you missed me ?" Evan said with that silly smirk of his.

I mentally scoffed at his remark and rolled my eyes ."Pff , no. I just mean I haven't had anyone to talk to ."

I watched as he took a step closer to me . He was dangerously close to me , so close that I could smell every essence of his cologne radiating off of him.

"Well I think you did."

"N-no ..." I started to stutter for no reason as his hand rested on my lower back , holding me close .

"I think you're lying ." He purred in my ear with his voice falling as sweet as honey with every word that escaped his soft , crimson lips. I held my breath as he started to lean in , I had no idea what to do or how to feel about this.

His lips barely brushed against mine when I found the courage ;

"I can't. " I said soft , pulling my head to the side and stepping back.

"What do you mean , you can't? "

"Exactly what I said , I can't. This isn't right . You're my whatever it is that you do around here , and I can't do this to Ben ..." I trailed off , feeling bad for the way I had to end this. I really thought we were beginning to become really good friends and now he does something like this.

"But if it's wrong , why does it feel so right ? " He said , stepping forward again.

I didn't say a word. I had nothing left to say .

"So if this is wrong , tell me you don't feel the chemistry between us . The sparks when we're together. "

If this is what it takes , than so be it.

I took a deep breath and met his gaze,  "I don't feel the chemistry between us and certainly not the sparks when we're together. " I said strong , hoping it was believable enough.

I watched as his eyes bounced between mine,  searching for something I'm trying to hide.

And then ,

Another step closer .

I frowned,trying to keep my pose .

Another step .

My frown turned into raised brows.

Another step.

I held my breath once more.

"Okay . I'll make you a deal. Let me kiss you and if you still feel nothing, I'll leave you. But if you do ... you've just earned yourself a soldier ." He said in his usual silky voice with a wink.

Okay , so if that was all I mean it shouldn't be that hard , right ? How good of a kisser could he really be ?

I watched as he leaned in as I closed my eyes.

You can do this . Just ... lie.

When his lips finally made contact with mine,  all my current thoughts disappeared into the air .

His lips were as soft and smooth as I thought and somehow ours moved in perfect sync with each other's . His hand found it's way back to my lower back once more and held me close to him , more than I thought was humanly possible. And somehow,  my hand ended up at the back of his head as he deepend the kiss.

You have to stop Andrea! I reminded myself but it was like my brain and body weren't communicating with each other,  because even though my brain was telling me to stop , my body was saying don't.

It's when he started to reach for the hem of my shirt that my brain started functioning again . "Stop ! Okay !"

He pulled back with a frown,  but still held me close .

"Oh Andy don't tell me you didn't just enjoy our little moment there . Surely you must've felt something for me ." He said with that same smile that probably made every girl swoon.

This is your chance Andy . Just tell him. Tell him you don't feel anything, that the kiss meant nothing.

My eyes drifted to the floor as I said the words I regretted ever since I spoke them ;

"I don't feel anything for you."

"Oh..." he said sounding hurt as he let me go .

"But the kiss did mean something to me !" I said too fast to stop myself. 

I watched as his smile reappeard while he walked back to me.

"I knew it would." He said,  walking to the door and leaving.

What just happend !?

*Evan's POV*

She was so easy.  I thought she would've put up more of a fight but I guess not. Atleast now I knew she didn't feel anything for Ben and that I didn't have to worry about him interfering anymore. 

She was mine now.

I walked over to the restroom across from his room as I ruffled my hair and unbuttoned my first few buttons of my shirt , following by tucking my shirt half out of my pants, before going to his room and opening the door.

I walked in with the biggest smirk on my face and I wished words could describe the look on his face when he saw me.

"Morning Anderson."

"What did you do to her !?" He said making his way to me fast as I held my hands up in surrender .

"Calm down Anderson, it was a mutual feeling.  She clearly doesn't feel anything for you,  at all. "

I watched as he started to shake and his attitude turn into anger.

"Stop lying ! Andy would never! Not with some low life as you ! " he spat in my face.

"Oh ? Than how do I know she smells like vanilla and that her lips are soft and sweet with cherry lip balm and that her -"

"I get it !" He shouted and stopped me before I could rattle his cage even more. 

"Getting jealous now are we ?"

"I am NOT jealous of you." He gritted through his teeth.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night.  "

"Is there a reason you're here Evans ?" He said impatiently.

"Nope. Just to rub it in your face that I beat you to it. And that there's nothing you could do about it." I said as I left before he could say another word. This game was  truly starting to get fun.  For me atleast.

Another one !!!! What do you think , should Evan's POV have his own chapter or do you prefer the split POVs in some . I'll try not to do too much POV changes but let me know your thoughts on it 😉 but what are your thoughts on Evan ? Is it all an act or is this really how he is ? And Ben ? Do you prefer Ben or Evan ? Thank you for reading and as always , leave your thoughts and comments down below ❤❤❤