E p i l o g u e

^Gif <3

To: Megan

From: Hunter (Your Devilishly Handsome Brother)

Hey Megs.

Happy Birthday baby sister!

I always talk to you on your birthday. You didn't think I'd break the tradition, did you?

Okay fine.

I admit, writing you this email was Scarlett's idea.

I have so much to tell you Megan. I don't know where to begin.

It's almost been a year since Scarlett and I moved here. We finally bought the house last month.

I's kind of small but its right next to the beach and Scarlett loves it, and honestly that's all that really matters.

Everything is so perfect Megan. I wish you were here with me.

Every morning I wake up and find Scarlett beside me, I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. She smiles when she wakes up and sees me. The sun streams in through the windows, and God does Scarlett look beautiful in the sunlight. It always leaves me breathless.

I'm so in love Megan. It's scary sometimes, but not in a bad way.

I will never take anything in my life for granted. Not even the small things. Especially not  the small things. I've realized that there's so much beauty in the small things I do, like telling Scarlett about my day, laughing about pointless things with her, kissing her before I leave for work.

Beauty, it's all around us. We just need to look closer.

Oh by the way. Did I tell you? I opened up my own Motorcycle service garage. I get to work with motorcycles all day! (I can imagine you scrunching up your nose in disgust right now, because you hate grease). The money is okay, and I can only afford to hire three mechanics right now, but I absolutely love working there.

We visit our friends and family back at home often. Jace is doing pretty well. Him and Danielle are coming over next week and Scarlett hasn't stopped smiling ever since Danielle called and told her.

Scarlett  and I are secretly hoping that the two of them end up together. I mean c'mon! You'd be lying if you said Jace and Danielle didn't make a great couple! Maybe it's just  wistful thinking. I just want Jace to be with someone who will make him happy.

We'll be going back for Mr. Hudson's and Sara's wedding this fall. I can't believe they're finally going to tie the knot.

Everyone is so happy.

I wish you were here to see it.

I'm not going to lie, thinking about you still hurts like hell.

I wish you had talked to me Megan. I wish you'd told me that you were hurting so bad. I wish you'd told me what you were going through. I would have fought your battle with you.

I'm sorry you went through that on your own.

I'll admit that when you left I was angry.

So angry.

Angry at myself for not seeing the signs.

Angry at you for not talking to me and leaving me.

But I'm not angry anymore.

You're still here with me Megan. I know you are, I can feel it.

I believe that as long as you love someone they can't ever leave you. Even if you can't see them anymore. As long as you love someone they'll always be there, in your heart.

That's where you are Megs, in my heart. That's where you'll always be.

I have to go now, Scarlett's calling for me. (She probably needs me to take out something from the top shelf since she can't reach it herself, remind me to thank our carpenter.)

Hunter Adams signing out.