Chapter 4: Another Jerk

When Brandon came to pick her up, he discovered Savannah was laying on the floor looking like she was in a kind of daze.

Tip toeing carefully he approached her, studying her emotionless expression and the slumped shoulder. He almost jumped when the woman suddenly turned her head toward him. He could swear her cold expression almost match some kind af ghost in horror movie.

Well, she looked like a kuntilanak. The Indonesian ghost which often scare him that he couldn't sleep at night. Yeah, blame Janet's prank for that.

Plus, Savannah was glaring at him. Uh, oh. Brandon scratched the back of his head nervously. Then, he sighed.

"I am sorry, Sav. I am an idiot. I shouldn't leave my phone recklessly like that. God knows how an asshole Jason can be." Brandon took a deep breath intending to continue his speech. "His name is Jason Holt. You may never meet with Jason, but I know he would never do something--"

His speech was cut off as Savannah put her hand around his mouth rather roughly, immediately shutting him up. Savannah knew this going to be a long speech if she wasn't going to take an action to stop him. Hell, he may started going to tell her about Jason's whole life story. Even though Savannah also didn't know whoever the hell Jason is.

Brandon still looked guilty. He made no move to pry his mouth off Savannah's hand. That scene looked rather funny though. Brandon looked like a kid being punished after caught stealing cookies.

Savannah's expression soften a bit when he gave her a puppy eyes. In Savannah's mind, he looked like a constipated gorilla though, but she appreciated the effort.

"Brandon... "

Brandon was pretty concerned with her. Her desperate expression, hell, he didn't like seeing her like this.

Savannah slowly let go of Brandon's mouth, who immediately wiped the saliva escaping from his mouth with his sleeve.

He grinned sheepishly as Savannah's face turned into the look of horror. She looked at her hand. Then, looked at the grinning Brandon again. Lastly, she looked at her hand again in disbelief.

Pulling Brandon toward her, Savannah wiped the saliva from her hand to Brandon's other sleeve, making him protest as he tried to get away from her hold.

Well, he failed.

Savannah made sure to wipe her hand till it turned a bit red. Brandon just sat there and scowled as he wasn't able to get away from her.

Savannah finally released Brandon from her hold and sighed, her expression turned into a desperate one.

"I feel so freaking upset and sad." She told him in exasperate tone.

Brandon honestly didn't know what to do. He just sat there contemplating what to say.

"I could tell... " Brandon struggled to find the right words, "boss that if you really sick..." he trailed off, knowing that was no use since the man had already know that was just a lie.

"Or you could resign," Brandon suggested that made Savannah glare toward him.

"I wasn't talking about the work." She said. "And I wouldn't resign."

Brandon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at this. He knew she didn't want to meet Ashton Rashford in near time, but what was she talking about then?

"What are you talking about then?"

Savannah put her hands covering her face. In dramatic way as if she had just lost her entire world, she said,"My phone broke."

Brandon rolled his eyes. Sure, she was dramatic as hell.