20

luke: happy birthday to you!! happy birthday to you!! happy birthday dear leylaaaaaaa!! happy birthday to you!!

leyla: thanks lukey

luke: you're so welcome

luke: what's your plan for the day??

leyla: revision, revision oh and maybe some more revision, then watch tv and might get a cake for myself oh and buy some alcohol cause that's legal now

luke: what a bash

leyla: ikr bet you're so jel

luke: oh i am

- - -

leyla sighed, putting down her phone. a knock was heard at the door and all she could wonder was who that could be. she lived in a hotel and no one knew she was here and the staff didn't bother her at this time.

she opened the door and her face turned into a huge smile and she jumped into the persons arms.

"luke! what are you doing here? you said you weren't coming?" she questioned, still holding on tight to luke. he guided them into the room and sat them on the bed, leyla straddling his lap.

"surprise gorgeous!" luke laughed. "I lied when i said i couldn't come, wanted to surprise you and it was worth it!"

"thank you! thank you! thank you!" she wrapped her arms around his neck again and hugged him tight. "you're the best, lukey."

"I know, I know!"

"look who's cocky now!" leyla giggled. luke rolled his eyes.

"right, now we have to celebrate all day! so are you ready to go out?" luke asks.

"where are we going?"

"you'll see." luke smiles, kissing her cheek.

"how long are you here for?" she nervously asks, not baring to here the answer.

"i leave tomorrow morning but that's not important, we have the whole of today together and we need to make the most of it!" leyla nodded and got off of luke, sorting out her things.

she put on a pair of white converse, an oversized black denim jacket and grabbed her handbag, chucking the essentials in. luke stood up, grabbed her hand and they left the room together.

luke took leyla down to the car park in the basement over to a black mercedes. "was allowed to borrow this car so i was thinking, ill drive us into london and go to this really nice bar and restaurant at the top of the shard, then I have a little surprise for you for tonight."

"am i dressed alright for all of that?" leyla ponders.

"course you are, you look beautiful!" luke smiles, opening the car door for her. she mumbles a thank you and gets in, luke getting into the drivers side shortly after. they leave the hotel and start the half hour journey to london.

the two of them soon arrive at the shard and they quickly go inside before luke is recognised. they take the lift to the top floor of the shard and are seated at a table by the window, looking over the city. leyla stares in awe at the view as luke smiles at her reaction.

"fucking hell, luke!" leyla exclaims, a huge smile on her face. "this is incredible!"

"thought you'd like it!" luke winks, placing his hand on top of hers on the table. a waitress comes over and pours the two of them a glass of champagne, luke lifts it to toast leyla. "cheers, gorgeous, happy birthday to you."

"cheers lukey, thank you so much!" leyla clinks her glass with luke's. "but luke, this is honestly too much, with you paying for my hotel, and all this?"

"leyla, leave it, im not exactly struggling with money, now am i? ive always wanted to spoil some one, and now ive got you to do it to. so be quiet ley, and let me treat you. you deserve it." luke tells her, squeezing her hand.

the two of them enjoyed the afternoon sipping champagne and getting to know each other more. soon enough, it was time to leave and head to her surprise.

"what's the surprise?" leyla tried to get it out of luke.

luke wrapped his arm around leyla and laughed. "you're not getting it out of me that easily! just wait and see!"

luke drove the two of them further out of london until the o2 arena was in sight. leyla's mouth dropped open, knowing exactly who was performing there tonight.

"luke! please tell me we're going to the arena and this isn't some kind of cruel joke!" she pleads.

luke smiles and says nothing, driving closet to it. the guards open the gates for the backstage area and luke parks up, looking over to leyla who was in total shock and excitement.

- -
au: haps baps to michael clifford