CHAPTER 33

If you haven't checked the trailer,do so!
Dedicated to all my readers.

Yasmin's POV

"Why are you guys late?" Annabelle placed her hands on her waist.
"Ehm..We went to the park." I responded.
"Sorry we're late."

"Never mind, did he win you a teddy?"
"Yes." I murmured.
"That's so cute." Khadijah squealed. "Jason never did that for me."

"What! I won a lot for you." Jason whined.
"No! You never won a teddy bear." She argued.
"Well it's not my fault that you always go for the fluffy unicorn."

I dropped my bag and teddy on the nearby sofa and sat. Jake sat next to me with an evil smile.

What's this guy up to?

"Khadijah!" He called. "Do you wanna hear something cuter?"

"Oh yes!" She focused her attention on him.

"I asked her on a date and she accepted."

Dang it!

"OMG!" She exclaimed in excitement.
I twisted his ear and whispered."I'm gonna kill you."
He shivered and whispered back, "Like you will, I know you so much beauty, like my palm."

"Where's Angela?" I asked.
"I'm here." She stepped into the room with Max's hand wrapped round her waist and so was hers.
"Where were you?"

"Busy." She said.

"Doing..?"

"You wanna see?" She tightened her grip on Max and she brought her face to his...

"Never mind." I closed my eyes.
They both laughed and shoved Max away using the excuse that we have ordering to do.

"Jake asked Yasmin out and she accepted!" Khadijah yelled to Angela.

Great!

"What! Seriously, that's great but I need to do this first." She went straight to Jake and slapped him right across the face.
"That's for the party."
Khadijah followed Angela's footsteps and slapped Jake.
"And that's for?" Jake asked as he rubbed his palm against his cheek.
"Also for the party and everything else."

"Babe!" Jake called looking straight into my eyes.

"First, I'm not your babe and second, what do you want?"

"Just wanted to hear your voice."

I sighed and followed the girls to the kitchen to get everything prepared as the boys watched soccer match. But I noticed that Jacob isn't there.

"Where's Jacob?" I asked.
"He said he's busy." Angela replied.
We brought out cold drinks from the fridge, ordered pizza and made popcorn.

We decided to reserve the popcorn for the movie and played truth or dare. We gathered round in a circle and placed an empty bottle in the middle.
Max reached for it and turned it, it pointed to Khadijah.
"Truth or dare?" He asked.
"Truth." She replied.
"Have you ever farted in an elevator?"
"Yes." She answered which sent everybody laughing.

She turned it and it landed on Jason.
"Truth or dare?"
"Dare."
"Let's see, what should I dare you to do. I dare you gather everyone round the table at the cafeteria in school and profess your love for any girl of your choice."

"That's simple, you will be shocked baby."
Khadijah bit back a grin before spinning the bottle which landed on Jake.
"Truth or dare?"
"Truth."

"You have a crush on..? Say her name."

"Well to be honest I have a crush on Yasmin."
...........

We sat watching truth or dare and man is it scary considering the fact that we just played it. I watched as Lucas went back to the office to pick his bag.

What's gonna happen next?

The interviewer then asked him, "Truth or Dare?"
I knew something was gonna happen.
"Please say the truth and nothing but the truth." I mentally begged.

"Truth." he said.
One down, one more to go.
I looked at the clique and found that everyone was fast asleep except for Jake and Max.

"Looks like I'm stuck with you two." I said and looked at both Jake and Max. Max has his hands wrapped round Angela. Her head rested on his chest.

That's so cute, I wish I had someone to do the same to me...Wait! What am I saying? I don't need a guy...I got books!

I dug my hand in the popcorn and brought it to my mouth but gasped in fear and the popcorn paper bag loosed from my hand and fell to the floor.

Lucas stabbed himself in the eye with a pen, turned to the wall and hit it harder.
He's dead!
Jake laughed and whispered, "You were scared."
"No I wasn't." I defended.

"Don't worry, you can just come closer to me so we can cuddle."

"No even in a thousand years."

"Everyone's asleep, let's turn off the TV, the lights and go to sleep.
"I'm not feeling sleepy." I said.
"Trust me darling, you will need it for the date tomorrow." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and cuddled next to Khadijah.
................
(Next day)

Hmm...that smells nice.

I opened my eyes to the sunlight stinging my eyes. I touched my body to see that I'm covered with a blanket.

I knew I wasn't day dreaming!
Yesterday was very cold, I kept shivering but then, felt a thick and warm material over my body like a blanket.

I stretched my body and whispered, "All praise is for Allah who gave us life after having taken it from us and unto Him is the resurrection."

After thanking Allah for allowing me to live, I removed the blanket and folded it neatly before keeping it on the sofa. Angela came in, "Rise and shine sleepy head."

I brought out from my tooth brush from my bag and headed straight to the bathroom where I took a cold shower, brushed my teeth, performed ablution before stepping out to pray.

After praying, I read a few verses from the Qur'an and scanned Anna's closet for what to wear. I brought out loose pants and a big sweater before rolling my headscarf.

I went to the kitchen only to be greeted with the sweet aroma of Pancakes.

He wore an apron and handled the utensils like a child's toy. "Serve me Jason." He laughed and slowly, he faced me.

IT'S JAKE!
I kept blinking my eyes, I can't believe what I'm seeing. Jake is really cooking.

"You look surprised." He said.
"Well I'm, I never knew you could cook."
"You never asked."

Everyone sat round the table as Jake served the food. I watched his every move, the way he carries himself, drops the plate and smile, tuck his hands in the apron's pocket.

He seems to notice my gaze on him, he looked at me intensely and a smile breaks on his lips.

He isn't a bad boy after all.

Vote please!
💝💝