Chapter 3. The Prince's Sister

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.

~Amy Li

Ariana Cristford's POV

I didn't have any idea of what to say or what to do as prince Daniel made me sit in the carriage and rode off to the place he only knew. It wasn't like I could do anything, anyways.

Royals are said to be Royals for a reason. They are way too powerful even than an Alpha. And I was just an average wolf. There was no way that I could defend myself and get back alive. So, I did the thing that I was best at,

To stay quite and do what the others want.

This mantra had saved me several times from my father's wrath. So, it could save me from this one as well.

I surely didn't want to get married. Not to a heartless man like the prince at least. Not to someone who isn't my mate. Even though, my mate is horrible, he's still my mate. The one who's destined for me by the moon goddess.

After what felt like an eternity, the carriage halted in front of a huge magnificent castle.

I couldn't stop my mouth from falling agape looking at the sight in front of me as I stepped out of the carriage.

The castle looked like those in a fairytale. Beautiful white bricked walls, the top parts of the castle in conical shape, vast flower garden surrounding the castle, a huge lake in front of it surrounded by beautifully shaped green plants.

I couldn't help but be thankful to get to see such a sight.

"Stop gaping and get inside. I don't have all the time in the world," it was the cold voice of the werewolf prince.

Prince Daniel was already standing at the entrance of the castle with his hands folded across his chest and his face holding no emotion.

This man is so rude. Does he ever smile?

I stared at him for a while before shaking my head. I don't think he smiles often.

Warding the thought off my head, I followed the prince into the castle in utter silence.

If I thought the sight outside was the best I've ever seen, than I was absolutely wrong. Because the inside of the castle was something I could never fathom.

Beige painted walls and Wooden walls which were designed to perfection, victorian-gothic interiors, artefacts and antiques decorated each corner of this place. The place itself screamed royalty.

My father is a rich man but I never got to see such place in my life. This place itself is beyond words.

After taking a few lefts and rights through the huge corridors, we finally stopped in front of a mahagony door. Prince Daniel opened the door and entered inside the room that represented like that of a study room while I stood outside the room wondering what to do.

Once he entered inside, he turned around and raised his brow in my direction. Is he challenging me? In return, I raised my brow as well.

He sighed before speaking, "Are you going to stand out there the whole day or will you get in?"

Great! I made a fool out of myself!

Hesitantly, I stepped into the study. There was a huge bookshelf at one corner of the study where piles of books were stocked. At the centre, laid a huge mahagony table that had many files placed on them and an ink quill placed beside it.

"Danny? Oh, hello!" My attention was suddenly caught by the sweet voice and I turned around to my right to find a beautiful woman with blue eyes and blonde hair seated on the couch with a little girl on her lap.

She smiled at me and got up from the couch making the girl who looked no less than six sit on the couch but the little girl ran past the woman and hugged prince Daniel.

"Dan!" Prince Daniel lifted the girl and carried her in his arms.

"Hey, Cami," a small smile played on his lips as he kissed the little girl's cheek.

I rubbed my eyes to confirm whether I wasn't hallucinating. Did he just smile? He looked...cute when he did that.

"Hello, I'm Ariel Rodriguez, Daniel's sister. It's nice to meet you...?" The beautiful woman introduced herself with a smile but I couldn't help the surprise I received or rather shock.

Is this really the werewolf queen?

The tabloids are right about her. She's indeed painstakingly beautiful and also seemed sweet unlike her arrogant brother.

"Ariana, your highness," I accepted her hand for a handshake.

"Please dont go for the title. You can call me Ariel," She gave yet another sweet smile before turning to her brother who was holding the little girl in his arms as she spoke to him in her cute voice.

"Cami, sweetheart, why don't you go and ask Martha to read you the story from the book you got from the fair?" The werewolf queen, Ariel, suggested the girl who nodded and got down from the prince's arms.

"Yes, mom. I totally forgot! The story looked interesting. Thank you for making me remember," Cami, the little girl grinned before making her way towards the exit. Once she was near the door, she turned her head and grinned in my direction, "You're beautiful!" She said to me and rushed out of the room.

I smiled. She was a cute little girl.

"I didnt know you had a visitor, Danny," Ariel said addressing me once her daughter left, "Well, I'm glad you got someone after a long time. How was your visit to alpha Anthony's packhouse?"

"We're getting married, Ariel." He pointed his finger at me and then him.

"What?!" Naked shock formed in Ariel's eyes at her brother's statement. She looked at her brother as if he had lost his mind. But soon enough a smile grew on her lips, "Do you love her-"

Her statement was cut by Daniel who again spoke in his cold voice, "I'm marrying her as a form of punishment to the alpha. There's nothing more to that. She's his mate and what could be more effective than manipulating him through his mate."

A look of sadness appeared on Ariel's face as she looked at her brother, "But Daniel, it's not right-"

"Please Ariel, try to understand. I'm doing this for the best. We can't accept people to deny our truce of peace and spread violence. This will be an example to all those who try to neglect our rules in future that they should never mess with the royals."

A sigh eluded Ariel's lips as she gazed at her brother and then me. It seemed like she was having an internal conflict about whether to accept her brother's scheme or to get me out of this mess.

"When is the wedding?"

So she chose her brother. Of course, family comes first and here I had a little hope that she would help me.

"Tomorrow." Daniel anounced shocking both of us.