Chapter 39.

~August~

I peeked down in my lap at Serena's face to see she was already sleep.

"dAdDy CaN wE wAtCh A mOvIe." I mocked her voice, rolling my eyes.

I turned to change the channel to ESPN but find my focus drifting from the screen.

Wonder how B is doing.

She hadn't left her room since she went in there a few hours earlier.

Only reason I hadn't went to check on her is cause if they up in there fucking....

I scrunched my face up.

Point is, only person needed to be fucking in my house is me.

Period.

I decided to text her instead.

I apologize for not thinking of how you'd be affected by seeing her. You good?

The text bubble popped up then disappeared.

Ten minutes later I finally received a response.

Baby Mama👅❤👶🏽: Not your fault. I'll be fine, just a little shocking at first.

Fine my ass.

B. We can talk if you need

Baby Mama👅❤👶🏽: Tomorrow? Kind of tired

Ok

Maaaan that girl was stubborn.

I shook my head before shifting to lay Serena down.

I pulled the sheet over her, turned the tv off, and opened the door to leave.

"Daddy?"

"Yes baby?" I looked back.

"I love you." She grinned.

"I love you too Rena." I chuckled. "Goodnight baybeh."

"G'night daddy."

I stepped out and closed the door behind me.

I walked down the hall towards my room, but paused at B's room.

"I don't know if I can do it Nate." I heard Bethany say with a sigh.

I raised my fist to knock on the door but decided against it.

It opened just as I turned to walk away.

"Oh, wassup. You need something?" Nate asked.

I tried to look past him at Bethany but his blocky ass body wouldn't let me see anything.

"Nah. Just headed to my room and decided to check on y'all." I replied.

He looked over his shoulder back into the room and said, "I'll be back baby," before he stepped out of the room and pulled the door closed behind him.

"Preciate it, but we good man." He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

This nigga tryna post up or some shit?

I crossed my arms as well.

"Just wanna say, I appreciate you letting us stay here, and letting me come here with y'all. I understand this whole trip don't really involve me but," He shrugged. "Man to man, I know how I'd feel if my ex was-"

"Aye," I cut him off. "Nun'a that bs. As far as you being here, you're important to B so I do what I can to make her happy. No problem. I'll see y'all in the morning. Let B and Ang know I said goodnight."

I turned and continued to walk to my room.

I heard him laugh and said something under his breath.

Excuse me?

"What's up?" I turned around.

He smirked and shook his head.

"Like I thought."

After I showered and did my nightly routines, I climbed in bed and turned on my tv.

My phone dinged with a text.

⭐️: Heard you're back in town. Been a lil bit since we linked up, wassup?😏

Daaaamn a nigga can't even breathe without you finding out🙄 but will do. Maybe some time later on, got some business to handle

⭐️: well of course😛Sounds good to me sweetie. You know I'll make time for you Aug

Aight lil mama

I smirked and focused my attention on the tv.

For those of y'all still rocking with me, thank you and I love you all☺️❤️.

Keep reading/voting/commenting!

~•Dana•~