【二十七】 pre-debut moments ‣ pt. 2

1

1. homesick

alone, yingyue sat on the floor of the room she shared with johnny, sorting out the boxes under their bunk bed. it was only a few months into becoming a trainee for sm entertainment, and she felt more homesick than ever. she's been away from home numerous amount of times but this was different. she didn't know when she'd be able to fly back home and be with her family.

she slid one of the boxes closer to her and opened it up, finding it full of scrapbooks of her from her baby days to just before she left to work under sm. she grabbed one in the middle. the cover was a baby pink, covered in faded cherry blossoms; the book itself was faded, almost earning the description of vintage.

turning the cover open, the first photo was of her and her brother when he was around eight months. jiahao was asleep on top of their parents' bed and yingyue was laying beside him, also asleep. the writing under the picture said, "the sleepy siblings", and yingyue let out a small laugh at that. as she flipped through my pages, her eyes began getting watery and she used the sleeve of her jumper to wipe her tears away.

but when she reached one of the last pages, her tears wouldn't stop no matter how much she tried. the page was full of pictures from the last christmas, smiles everywhere. jiahao and yingyue have always been close, even with the small, stupid arguments they shared occasionally, and seeing those photos made her miss her family much, much more.

while she was in the process of trying to calm herself down, johnny overheard her soft sobs from the front door and quickly made his way over to their room. he had just gotten home from picking up food for the both of them, so he placed the plastic bag on the ground next to the doorframe and saw the girl sitting on the ground while her shoulders shook.

he kneeled beside her and wrapped his arms around her. he noticed the opened scrapbook and immediately understood what happened. yingyue looked up to see johnny looking back down at her. he pet her hair, an action that he found out which relaxed her more than anything.

"you'll see them soon, angel," johnny mumbled and rested his head upon hers. "hey, tell me the meaning behind this one."

for the rest of their day-off, yingyue's cries turned into laughter as she told johnny the stories behind all of the pictures and vice versa. they exchanged their happiest memories with their families, and to this day, it remains one of yingyue's favorite moments with johnny.