Chapter 25

I know....it's been too long.  I've just been really really busy.  I know what's going to happen in this book, though, so when I get the time to write, I'll at least know what to say.  Well, I hope you like it.  

Pic on right is what Leesy and Adam were doing in the pool.  

************************************************************************************************************

DREW

I was laughing. Em had come home and found me at my computer in my room, trying to get a jump on the last part of our partner project assignment. She had helped me work on it, but had left to go talk to my sister. As I was calling it a night where school work was concerned, I heard my text message ringtone go off.

It was from Justin.
"Is Em the girl you're in love with?"

I couldn't help but laugh. This kid was too much. He reminded me alot of Em. If Em and I ever had a son, I wanted him to be just like Justin.

"You knew before I did, Buddy," I replied.

A few seconds later, he texted back, "Yes! I knew it! See you tomorrow for dinner."

I guess Em got us invited over for dinner by running off to help Ellie. It annoyed me that Ellie suddenly needed Em, who she rarely acknowledged, when her life was spinning out of control. Em's selfless response made her even more attractive to me. I could smack myself for believing I belonged with Ellie for so long.

I went downstairs to watch a little TV before dinner. Em and Elise were already in the kitchen fixing a meal. I gave Em a quick kiss on the head before sitting down at the table. Elise's phone beeped.

"Excuse me for a second," she said, leaving the room.

Em and I exchanged looks, but didn't have time to say anything. Elise walked back into the room a minute later. She looked at Em, then at me.

"So, that guy I'm kind of seeing?"

I nodded. "Mm hmm."

"Well, he's coming for dinner, too."

"Already? You hardly know him, Leesy," I said.

"Shh, let her explain," Em said, brushing her hand gently down my arm.

Elise sat down in the chair next to mine.

"Please don't get mad," she said, "but I'm seeing Adam."

What? She was seeing Ellie's potential baby daddy? Why? I tried to remain as calm as possible.

"Um, how on Earth did you end up dating him online, and aren't you afraid he's a dad?" I asked.

Elise cast her eyes toward the ground, looking ready to cry, so Em stepped in.

"If it makes you feel any better, Adam really likes Leesy, and Leesy's liked Adam for awhile now."

I was still working it out in my head.

"Please don't be mad," Elise said, wiping away a single tear that escaped and was running down her cheek.

I sighed. Em walked behind me, then bent down, wrapping her arms around me. Her breasts were touching my head, and for a split second I lost my train of thought thinking about how nice they felt against me.

"Give it a chance," she whispered, her breath causing me to shiver. Now I was really turned on, with no hope of a cure anytime soon.

"Okay, I won't be too hard on him," I said.