25: Young Blood.

Thursday

"You have to talk with him." Sandra reminded me for the nth time.

Lenny put down her box of apple juice and give me a piece of her mind. "He's jealous and hurt."

I put down my spoon and faced her. "What makes you say that?"

Lenny made a thinking face before speaking. "That's the only valid conclusion I could draw from his reaction." She was not only weird but also goes by the rules of the books.

"There is a very big misunderstanding and that's it." I muttered. I have already lost my appetite and gave the tray of food one last look before pushing it aside.

"There is and whatever the misunderstanding is, you have to clear." Sandra pointed at me, her eyes urging me to take the first step and face the challenge.

I nodded at what she said. I wanted to clear the misunderstanding at all cost.

But, Jayden wasn't cooperating. He wouldn't pick my calls nor reply my messages.

The previous day, after I saw him drive away, I never saw his car come back until late in the night when I heard the door to his bedroom open and close.

But it was too late to talk.

I tried to talk with him in the morning, but he made sure to avoid me and have any contact with me. Though, my spirit was squashed with his cold behavior towards me, I wasn't giving up. I wouldn't until I clear the misunderstanding.

"He's here." Sandra coughed before ducking her head and put the straw in her mouth, sipping from her box of apple juice.

Lenny made sure to avoid looking where Sandra had motioned with her eyes with before going back to her juice box.

Bracing myself and gathering my resolve, I turned around, my eyes searching for someone familiar.

I spotted him soon. Jayden was with Brian and Ian, after picking up what they wanted to eat on their trays, they started making their way towards their usual table which was in the same direction as ours so Jayden have to crossed us.

I wouldn't let this opportunity go. I encouraged and urged myself to take a stand.

When they were at at least five feet from our table, I stood up and faced Jayden.

"Jay-" He walked right pass me without so much a glimpse my way.

Did he not notice me? Wasn't I loud enough? But I knew for certain, he was still mad and unwilling to talk or listen to me.

Ian and Brian stopped before me, they looked surprise by Jayden's reaction.

Realisation down on Ian face while Brian looked clueless and confused.
"Now I know why he's in such a sore mood." Ian shook his head.

"Why?" Brian asked genuine curiosity in his voice.

Ian ignored him and gave me a small smile. "I will try to talk with him."

I nodded his way, and watched him walk away to their table where Jayden was already seated and eating his lunch.

"What's going on?" Brian asked looking lost. After a second, his eyes widen comically. "Did you guys fight?" He asked.

"Kind of." I wasn't sure what it was either.

"You need CDs?" He asked randomly.

"Huh?" Lenny lifted her head to look at me. "what CDs?" Her curious eyes shifted to Brian.

"It's between us." Brian smiled at her before leaning near my ear. "If you want I can give you the name of the website I normally-"

"No thank you." I pulled away understanding what he was talking about. I pushed Brian towards the direction of their table. "Go on."  I chuckled when I saw him wiggling his brows at me suggestively.