Slow Dancing in the Dark

He/him pronouns

"(Y/N)!" Newt called, laughing wildly as he chased after you over the emerald green grounds. "Give it back!"

You laughed wildly, spinning for a moment before resuming your wild goose chase. "Come and get me!" You giggled.

"(Y/N), we're 7th years, we're too old for this!" Newt cried, but you could tell he was enjoying it.

"You're never too old for anything, Newt! Don't you know that?" You turned and smiled brightly at him, waving his Herbology textbook in the air. "Besides, you've been studying all day! You need to lighten up a bit!"

"I need to practice for the exam, that's what I need to do!" Newt scowled, finally catching up to you. You raised the book high in the air above your head, even though you were a good bit shorter than him, and raised your chin defiantly.

"What you need to do is to pay attention to me."

Newt gave you a look. "Oh, be serious, (Y/N)."

You pouted. "What? It's boring without you!"

Newt rolled his eyes and swiped his book back. "You've got plenty of other people to spend time with. Why don't you go hump a broom or something with your other quidditch friends?

Your mouth dropped open. "Newt! I didn't know you had that kind of language in you!" You guffawed.

His face pink, he gave you a look and started trudging back towards the tree he was studying under. "Isn't that what you do at those excruciatingly long practices?"

"It mostly certainly is not!" You cackled. Feeling a sudden burst of spontaneity, you ran in front of Newt and placed your hands on his chest, shivering at the feel of his muscles underneath his cotton shirt. "Working out, hm?" You hummed, giving Newt a mischievous grin. His face turned beet red.

"Oh, come on, (Y/N), let me study in peace!"

"Part of being my boyfriend means indulging me," you smiled, looking up at him from beneath your eyelashes. His blush only deepened, making his freckles all but invisible.

"Follow me," he murmured, taking your hand in his. Your heart leapt in your chest and you grinned mischievously, bounding forward and giving him a peck on the cheek.

A small grove of willow trees bloomed into existence up ahead, their tendrils of green leaves waving lazily in the wind. They provided the perfect canopy- and the perfect place to hide.

"The bowtruckles will keep us hidden." Newt whispered in your ear, pressing a chaste kiss to your jaw. You shivered and pulled him further into the tendrils, laughing as you did so. Close to the trunk of the tree was a perfect circle of privacy, almost like nature had carved it out just for the two of you.

You wrapped one arm around his neck and tangled the other in his hair, tackling him with a kiss. You felt electrifyingly wonderful, like every nerve was on fire. You pressed into him, deepening the kiss. You could never be too close to him.

Newt brought his hands to your face and attacked your lips with surprising ferocity, pushing you back against the tree. You smiled into the kiss, laughing loudly as he moved to kiss behind your ear, your jaw, your collarbone. You closed your eyes and leaned against the hard trunk, shivering as waves of pleasure rolled through you.

"Shh," he murmured against your skin. "Someone might hear us."

"Let them find us," you breathed, kissing his forehead, his cheekbone, anything you could reach. "I don't care.

Newt laughed quietly. "You always were braver than I was."

"No. I'm just in love." You grinned.

Newt buried his nose against your cheek, leaving light kisses on your skin. "Good. I'm not letting you go anytime soon."

Your hands traveled up his chest, over his cheekbones, in his hair. His lips moved against yours more fiercely than they'd ever before. You felt like you could barely see straight, you were so flushed. He wrapped his hands under your thighs and hoisted you up, letting you wrap your legs around his waist. You let out a gasp as he pushed you against the tree, kissing your neck. A heat of fire went through your body and you clutched onto his shirt, pulling him close.

You kissed him again, delighting in the feel of his lips against yours, tasting of salt and coconut lip balm. His hands tugged on your hair and you balled his shirt in your fists, wishing he would never, ever stop.

"Glad you aren't studying now?" You panted, grinning in triumph.

Newt looked up at you, his hair unkempt, his lips red, and his eyes burning with desire. "Absolutely."

~~~

"Hey, where's (Y/N)? We've got practice in 10 minutes!" Sera huffed, glancing at the clock in worry.

Tom sighed. "I'll find him. Probably studying with Newt again. If I'm not back soon, just start warmups without me." He ran off towards the willow grove, disappearing over a rolling hill.

Sera waited impatiently by the field, tapping her nails against her broomstick. Where are they?

Finally, Tom reappeared over the horizon. His face was bright red and he carried a herbology textbook in one hand. "I don't think (Y/N)s going to make it today. He's... um... let's just say he's..." he grinned.

Sera's face flushed. "Oh. Oh."

"Yeah, it's probably best we don't disturb them- I mean him- for a while. I've got a feeling he won't be free for a long time."

~~~

ooh a little saucy anyone??

Don't forget to like a comment!

-Elise