[1]: Bumps, Bruises, Best Friends & Bitches.

**Picture of Ashton**

"So how about you give me your number and we go see that action movie I was talking about tonight?" Seth asks me.

"I told you I was busy tonight Seth." I reply as politely as I could, whilst gritting my teeth. I bring my long dark brown hair over my shoulder, putting up an invisible barrier between us so I could see the clock on the wall. It feels like I've been stuck in the library next to Seth for years not just the past ninety minutes. I originally came in here during my free period to get some peace and quiet to sketch my designs; but as soon as Seth sat down next to me I knew there wasn't a chance of that happening.

"Well how about tomorrow then?" He asks again.

Finally the bell rang signalling that it was lunch time and I couldn't have been more thankful. Seth the college 'man whore' has been trying to get my number for the past hour and a half and failing miserably.

"Sorry, I've got to go." I say whilst gathering all my stuff together.

There are only so many ways you can politely say no to someone before you have to use tough love and tell them to "piss off".

"Yea okay, I'll see you soon Lyd." Seth replies glumly.

I'm not sure what has caused Seth's sudden interest in me, seeing as we've been in college together for the past eighteen months and he's barely spoken two words to me, unless I was with Ashton; but today seemed to be the day that he HAD to get my attention.

Now there's Ashton; Ashton or Ash as everyone likes to call him is my best friend and captain of the college football team. I've known him my whole life; our mums were friends back when they were in university but lost touch after they graduated. Then a few years later they happened to bump into each other at a mother and baby coffee morning at one of our local cafés. After finding out they lived near each other their friendship was reignited and Ash and I ended up growing up together, luckily for our mum's we clicked and we've been stuck with each other ever since.

Ash is my other half, and I honestly can't imagine my life without him. I know everything about him and he knows everything about me...well, almost everything. A girl's got to have a couple of her own secrets right?

He's the best friend anyone could ask for: he's funny, caring, childish at times, loving, romantic...oh and he's bloody gorgeous. He's got mousy brown hair that is always flicked up at the front and the rest messily styled to perfection; he has stunning ice blue eyes, a strong chiseled jawline, the cheekiest but brightest smile framing his perfect set of white teeth; and a body you'd think was carved by a Greek god. You can literally see the outline of his six pack when he wears his tight tops, which is often. And don't even get me started on his thighs...wow.

Anyway, he's what you'd class as the college 'heart throb'. Girls here pretty much throw themselves at him regularly and he laps it up, he loves that he has a new girl on his arm every couple of weeks; if you last longer than a month with Ashton you are considered a freakin goddess. Ashton NEVER commits to anyone. He breaks every girl's heart that he's been with, they all know what they're getting into by sleeping with him or dating him, but that never stops them from wanting to be his girl, even if it is only for a week or two.

It's pretty pathetic really. Although, I'm not one to comment; I've been in love with Ashton for as long as I can remember. Ever since us girls grow out of the 'eww boys are gross' and into the 'oh he's kinda cute phase'. Ashton has always been the boy I thought was cute, then that progressed into a teenage crush and now into unrequited love. That's the biggest secret I hold from him.

I'm not like all the college skanks though; they all seem to 'love' him because he's popular, on the football team, has the best six pack around and is gorgeous. They love him for what they see on the outside, whilst I love him for all the things they don't see.