Chapter 53

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now, where do you think you are going?" I almost yelled at her in anger and frustration.

She took a good stare at me before moving away in the opposite direction. But I was not done yet. I have had enough of her cold stares so I followed her. She stopped and stood in front of a window, looking outside only pretending to not notice me. I could tell this as she tugged a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"Alright Sam. Enough. Stop it. Stop torturing yourself and for god's sake stop torturing me. Listen I am sorry. Ok , I AM SORRY!" I almost yelled the last three words at her.

She turned back, looked into my eyes, as if trying to examine my soul and said, "Oliver, I wish, I really wish your apology would have been enough to mend what broke that day".

"Hey, Sam.. I didn't mean to...", before I could finish my sentence, dodging me she moved outside from the front door and I ran behind her, like a moth to the flame.

"Sam,. .... Sam, please stop. Where do you think are you going?"

She kept on moving without looking back. "Sam wait", I yelled coming out of the main door and the door slammed shut behind my back.

"Shit", only then I realized that I forgot to keep the door latch open. I turned back and tried opening the door.

"Oh, no...no..no. Damn", I kicked the door in frustration. I looked back towards Sam. Wait. Where is she?

I ran to look for her. This didn't make any sense. She was right here a few minutes back. Where has she gone. I looked around, scanning the perimeter to look for her. But couldn't find her. Just then I heard a loud splash.

The lake. I ran towards the lake. There she was struggling to untie the boat from the anchor.

"Sam, what are you doing? Wait..", I said moving towards her.

I was about to reach her when she freed the boat and started rowing it into deep waters. I took a deep breath before jumping into the water and swam towards her.

"Sam, stop. Please", I gulped.

"What! Why did you jump in the water", she said giving me a hand to come up.

"What is wrong with you? Why did you jump in the water?" She said folding her hands.

"Oh really. What is wrong with you? What were you thinking when you climbed into the boat?" I mocked her.

Before she could reply a loud thunder startled both of us.
"It's going to rain. We should move back", I said trying to look for the oars.

I looked everywhere in the boat and then to her face.

"What?" She obviously had no idea what was wrong.

"Where are the oars?"

"Oh. I must have dropped them, when I gave my hand to pull you up." She said in a low voice.

"You what?" And then another loud thunder roared deafening us.

I pulled my cellphone out soaked up in water and tried switching it on.
"Damn, my phone is dead too".

"All this is your fault. Who told you to come after me" Sam yelled at me.

"Who told you to go fishing at this time?"

And to make matter worse, another loud thunder followed by heavy rain drenched both us in a minute.

"Shit, shit shit shit." I panicked watching water filling up so quickly in this small boat.

I tried rowing the boat with my hands but the wind was too strong pushing the boat in the opposite direction.

"What are you looking at Sam. Throw the water out. Help me" I said looking at her.

"Oliver, what exactly is that?" Sam asked looking at something behind me as I was busy throwing the water out of the boat.

I raised my head to look towards the trail of her sight. A huge wave of flushed water was coming our way. God this could not get any worse.

"Hold on tight!" I yelled as both of us clenched our hands at the edge of the boat. Next minute, both of us were under water struggling to get some air  as the huge wave was washing us away into deeper waters.

"Sam,. ... Sam, hold my hand" I cried as I saw her sinking. She was too weak to help herself.

With all the strength left in me I swam towards her and grabbed her hand before the waves washed us away into deep waters.

************

The bright sun was shining straight on my face. Squinting, I slowly opened my eyes, only to recall the horror of last night. I was lying on a big rock at the corner of the spring water. To both side of it was thick jungle.

Sam. Where is Sam?

"Sam!" I yelled. I looked around, but couldn't find a sign of her.

"Sam, Sam, where are you?" I yelled again in desperation. I could feel a painful lump forming in my throat fearing the worst.

I ran back and forth on the bank to look for her. She was nowhere to be seen.

After looking for her for half an hour I sat down, and tears rolled down my eyes. "Please God, please save her. I'll do anything and everything she'll ask me to do. I'll never hurt her. I'll always love her. Please God" I spoke as my voice broke and I burst into tears. Just then, I heard faint cough.

"Sam, Sam...." I yelled and ran towards the voice.

There she was, stuck between the rocks, hidden behind a fallen log.

"Sam, I am coming" I said and entered into the water to pull her up. I pushed the rocks on side and carefully pulled her out of the water. Reaching the bank I laid her down and rubbed her hands.

"Are you alright?" I asked and she nodded. My heart filled with immense pleasure and I crushed my lips on hers. I wanted to pour all the love I was feeling for her in that one kiss.

But she pushed me away. "Stop Oliver".

"Sam" I said in a low voice.

"You did all this. It was all your plan" she said trying to get up.

"My plan?"

"Yes, your plan. Your designer purposely left so that we could be alone. And then you ..." She lost words after that.

"After that I asked you to get into the boat. And then called the meteorological department and asked to cause this thunderstorm. Oh yes, and I asked you to throw the oars in water too, so that we couldn't go back. And how lovely it felt when that wave washed us here, in the middle of nowhere" I said sarcastically.

"Whatever" she said getting up, brushing her jeans.

"Where are you going now?" I said holding her hand.

"Going somewhere away from you. I don't want to see your face", she said crushing my heart once again.

"Alright, go. I'll wait for your here. Mind you, there could be bears in there. Or may be mountain lions too. I am warning you before hand. I don't want you to complain later that it was my plan too" I yelled at her as I saw her entering the jungle.

She stopped there for a few seconds. There, got you Sam you can't go away from me..

But then she resumed her walk entering between the thick trees. "Damn" I stood up and ran behind her to catch her up, before she disappears.

################################