Chapter 34

Chapter 34: . . .

"Rise and shine baby girl." my mother says, pulling my duvet off and poking me repeatedly. I swear she can annoy the shit out of me when she wants to and I can't even lash out at her because being annoyed is better than the consequences of lashing out at her.

"I saw your generous gift to us baby. But first, explain." she says, pulling me into a seating position against my will. My eyes are still closed.

"Mom, please." I beg, wanting to catch a few more minutes.

"Open your eyes before I do it for you." she warns and I lazily open my eyes, my sleepiness fading away slowly.

"There, my eyes are open." I say before she does anything.

"Good, now, explain." she says, seating beside me.

"Mr West came into my office, telling me how he prefers me over Nicole and even encouraged me to go after Austin. They tried talking him out of marrying that bitch but his stubbornness to marry her, the same stubbornness he had about our relationship, was too much to contend with. So he asked me to help because well, I know my man very well." I say, shrugging my shoulders, the ego growing.

"So, I called Raymond, commanding that he come to my office and I flirted with him. This led to a date. He chose the venue and I advised that Mr West gets a booking directly beside us. And he did. How? I have no idea. So I flirted with Raymond hard knowing that Austin is watching us. I even kissed Raymond and let's say Austin wasn't having any of it hence, he punched Raymond, the second punch knocking him out cold. So I basically killed two birds with one rock. I also exposed Nicole and lets say Austin is on his knees, begging that I take him back. I want his knees to bleed a little so that he can feel the pain of losing me so as to never do it again." I say, wide awake now.

My mother looks very intrigued and excited.

"So I instructed my guards to come, fetch the bastard and bring him here. Is he awake yet?" I ask and she laughs, shaking her head no.

"Austin must have really been upset to have punched him so hard. The boy hasn't twitched." she says, looking very happy.

My phone starts buzzing and I start looking for it underneath my pillows, everywhere, until I find it underneath the duvet my mom pulled off my half naked body. I grab it, viewing the contact whose calling.

MY BITCH.

I hang up, ignoring him.

"Who was that?" mom asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Austin." I say, sounding bored.

My phone dings.

Baby, I really fucked up. I was so blinded with wanting to have a child that I left you for a woman I thought was pregnant for me.

I roll my eyes at his message.

The idea of you maybe not wanting children scared me so much because I honestly don't want to force you into something you don't want.

"Is that still him?" mom asks and I nod, giving her the phone.

She looks at me.

"You don't want to have children? Why not? Did I not do good as a mother that you're afraid you may not have a good example?" she asks and I see sadness flick through her eyes.

"Yeah." I say and I watch as she freezes.

"You didn't do good mother, you did great. You are still doing great. You are the definition of a perfect mother. I'm just not ready for the responsibilities that come with having children. What if I don't do as good as you're doing? What if I can't fill the huge shoes you have created?" I express myself, her moment of sadness fading into relief and happiness.

"I wasn't ready to be a mother when I had you Andrea. You could prepare for years if you want to and you would still experience some failures here and there. You can never be fully ready. You just take things as they come and sometimes, things just fall into place. You will be an awesome mother baby, I know it. And if ever you get stuck, I'll be there to help you every step of the way." she says and I hug her, my head laying on her breast.

"Good because I haven't seen my period for awhile now, well, I don't really see my period because I'm on monthly contraceptive pills but some times I see some blood, a little, but enough to remind me of my sex." I say, and she pushes me away, analyzing me.

"Your breast do not look enlarged to me." she says and she touches them. Then she touches the area between my lower abdomen and vagina, trying to feel whatever it is she wants to feel.

"You aren't hard here like typical pregnant women. I don't think you're pregnant because your stomach hasn't even changed." she says, confirming my thoughts.

"Good for me." I say and she rolls her eyes, obviously not liking the idea that I'm not keen on having children.

"Anyway, what will you do with Raymond when his knocked out head wakes up?" I ask and she frowns.

"Firstly, I want to torture him until he tells me everything about his mafia family so that we can attack them when they least expect it." she says.

"But when will that be? They'll probably be armed and ready for anything because he's missing." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Which is why we'll send them a gift that will make them vulnerable." she says, smiling mischievously. When I see that smile, I know someone is going to die in the most painful way.

I already feel bad for Raymond for choosing the wrong woman to ask out. He obviously knows who I am, why he was playing with fire beats me.

"And this gift being?" I ask her, curiosity eating at me.

"Something they can easily identify. Something that can shock them to the degree of confusion. He is after all, the Mafia bosses first son and heir." she says, refusing to tell me directly.

"Well?" I prove further, wanting to know.

"His head and maybe a hand with every other finger cut, excluding the middle finger to you know, send a clear message." she says, shrugging her shoulders.

"Perfect." I say giving her a high five. Serves him right for trying to fuck up my life by firstly almost killing my love and secondly, by plotting to destroy our pending marriage. He succeeded for awhile but I will make things work with Austin, after he suffers a little.