Chapter 54 - Beyond The Insecurities

Twenty Days Later:

"Anika will you please relax. "

"Shivaay didn't you look at the other women? They are all dressed in gowns and I am here in this saree. " she said anxiously looking around as they stood in a secluded place in the parking lot.

"Anika. You look the best, and I am being very very honest." He said trying to convince his wife.

"Shivaay, why don't you ...carry on....I.."

"You want me to be alone? Mom dad couldn't make it. Now you also don't want to come. Fine. Even I won't go. I will have someone collect the award on my behalf " he said walking back to the driver's seat. 

She took quick strides reaching him and held his arm. His perfume was all her nose sensed. "Are you mad? Let's go. "

"That's my Wife." He kissed her cheek. 

She giggled, "You just know how to tackle me." She gazed at his face. 

"That I have taken PhD at!" He winked leaning closer and taking in her smell. She smelt so good – scent of roses blended with vanilla. His olfactory senses weren't that strong– he knew it because he'd bought that perfume for her.

She was about kiss his cheek when he moved his head back. "No...your lipstick is too dark. It will leave a mark."

She laughed and snaked her arms around his neck. "Who cares?"

"You don't want the Headlines to be Mr and Mrs Oberoi's PDA. Actually on second thoughts it is a wonderful idea. " he pulled her closer by her waist, careful enough to not disturb her saree. She took an hour to get ready, she'd lose it if that went wrong.

"Shut up Mr. Oberoi. let's go." She said pulling back her hands. He did it every time. Every time she thought she was playing bold he'd show what bold was. 

"Anika...one.."

"Shivaay."

He chuckled releasing her. Then laced his fingers with her. "Breathe, I will always be by your side. "

She smiled at him as they walked. She particularly did not like the attention. But for him she could stand against the world this was nothing. She was nervous when it came to big functions and this one was the award night of the most prestigious business awards. She was the wife of the man being awarded the Rising Businessman Of The Year – Shivaay Singh Oberoi. 

Anika could see that pride on his face. That confidence in his stride. Her man owned the world. She became conscious as she heard clicks. Almost immediately his hand was around her waist. "Look up and smile, Mrs .Oberoi." he whispered. 

She didn't have to fake the smile for the cameras it came at his words. Once they were seated she grabbed the water bottle on the table. That walk from the gate to the entrance of the huge hall was hell of a walk. She simply maintained her smile and looked at him while he answered the questions shot at him.