~12~

Edited

|3 years ago|

We finally reached the party.

I gaped out of the car window at the massive house, which looked more like a castle.

Hunter quickly got out of the driver's seat and opened the door for me.

Megan and Danielle were in Jace's car behind us.

I could hear the music blaring loudly from inside the house.

We made our way to the door and Hunter rang the doorbell. The door opened instantly.

We were greeted by Nichole Sanders.

"Hunter! I'm so glad you made it to my party!" She squealed.

Her party?

My head snapped in Hunter's direction. I eyed him accusingly. He hadn't mentioned that the party was Nichole's. He gave me a sheepish look.

Nichole's eyes squared on me. And I didn't miss the small frown that appeared before she covered it with a wide smile.

"I thought only you and Jace were coming?" Her voice was light but her eyes flashed icily.

Hunter's arm wrapped around my waist a little possessively.

"We changed plans. Is there a problem? We could leave." He said casually.

I could practically see the color draining from Nichole's face.

"No! Come inside! How rude of me. The more the merrier." She stepped aside to let us in.

Hunter gave her a dazzling smile.

The party was already in full swing when we entered.

Somewhere in the middle of the sea of dancing bodies Hunter and I got separated.

I roamed around aimlessly for a while.

I wasn't exactly a party person. I was extremely awkward when it came to socializing and Hunter was the exact opposite. He was a natural people-pleaser, everyone loved him. 

"Hey there." I jumped when I heard someone whisper in my ear.

"Oh my God Jace! You almost gave me a heart attack!" My hand clutched my chest.

He chuckled. "I'm sorry. You looked so lost. I couldn't resist."

I smacked his chest and pretended to be annoyed.

He laughed again.

"You look nice by the way."

I couldn't hide my blush.

"You think you can win me over with compliments?" I teased.

I watched his eyes move as he read my lips. He smiled showing his perfect teeth in the process.

"I'm counting on it." He winked.

It was my turn to laugh now.

I was just about to respond when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I was surprised to find Nichole standing behind me.

She gave me an uneasy smile and I raised my eyebrows at her expectantly.