-Chapter 23-

Asgard must have kept Thor busy since as soon as I finished running through a temporary game plan for Amara he fell asleep in his full set of armor.

"Blondie is all tired out" Clint smiles warmly.

"He did say he searched the other eight realms for the enchantress, I don't know about you two but that sounds tiring" Steve says putting a blanket over Thor.

I use my power to give Steve a push out towards the hall, he takes the hint.

"About earlier, Clint I'm sorry. I was frustrated I didn't mean to go off on you like that" I say keeping my eyes on Thor.

Suddenly I'm being pulled into a hug.

"No Mia I'm sorry. I was having a rough morning but that gives me no excuse to yell at you" He says holding me tight.

I nod against his chest, listening to the calming sound of his heartbeat.

"Just promise me not to disappear on a bender like that. Ok I was really worried about you" I say tilting my head back to look at him.

"I promise" He says resting his chin on the top of my head.

I step back first we smile at each other.

"Does he still have clothes here? I don't think he'll want to stay in his armor the whole time he's here" I ask honestly wondering I haven't been down to Thor's apartment floor.

"I'll go down and check your right him in his armor isn't exactly conspicuous" Clint says heading to the elevator.

"How's it going with the satellite Jarvis" I ask making sure to keep my voice low.

"Program complete, algorithm is rendering now" Jarvis reports.

"Sounds good let me know when it's done" I say getting up to make some coffee it was a long night last night.

"Of course Ms Stark" He replies.

Clint returns with an earth appropriate outfit for Thor.

"How's the program coming"? He asks gathering things to make a sandwich.

"Its rendering as we speak soon we will be able to track any Asgardian energy signature" I say proudly while typing on my tablet.

"Look at you going all Stark smart on this witches ass" He grins taking his plate and drink to the couch.

"Stark smart? Sparkles? Are you taking over the nicknames for Tony"? I ask turning in my chair to look at him better.

"I guess I am. Though I was pretty drunk when I called you sparkles" He chuckles clicking on the TV.

I shake my head at him, what a massive dork.

"Do we need to talk about why you drank a liquor store"? I ask adopting a more serious tone.

"Did Jarvis tell you what about what came in for me"? He asks.

"The after action report from the mission. While you were having your moment Jarvis told me" I say nodding my head.

He nods slowly.

"This one is getting under my skin, I don't know why" He admits sadly.

"For the same reason Tony gets jumpy around ballistic missiles. It was a traumatic experience it will take a while to work through it" I say pulling on my sweater sleeves.

"She's right you know"

"God Steve we need to put a bell on you! Your like a ninja, make a sound" Clint says.

"Sneaking into Hydra bases, wasn't supposed to make a sound" He says shrugging his shoulders.

Steve and Clint start chatting catching the other one up on what has been going on since the last time we were all together. My phone starts ringing, I flip it over to look at the screen and tense up when I see 'unknown number' blinking at me. A tiny part of me hopes it's Nat calling with a burner cell but I doubt it.

"Hello"? I ask trying to sound casual and calm.

This time its different there is a eerie melody playing instead of the static. It only lasts for two minutes then the call is cut off, these calls are really starting to freak me out.

"Who was that"? Steve asks.

I look up to find both Steve and Clint staring at me, how long have they been doing that?

"Wrong number" I say waving off their concerned looks.

For now it seems to pacify them but I know it won't work for long. They are bound to notice something is up and probably won't be pleased to know I was lying about it.

The rest of the morning goes by like old times the boys on the couches arguing about a game that's on TV I smile as I read my book these are my favorite moments.

"Render complete. Would you like a demonstration"? Jarvis asks politely.

"I trust you J get it online and start tracking" I say putting my bookmark in between the pages and picking my tablet back up.

"It's ready"? Steve asks.

"Yes. Now the hard part in order for this to work it needs something to track in order for that to happen Amara needs to use her powers" I explain setting up the program to run in the background.

"So we have to wait for her to make a move before we can make one of our own"? Clint asks laying on his stomach length ways on the couch.

"Unfortunately yes" I say resisting the urge to fix his hair it's all rumpled.

"Well that's not ideal let's hope it's nothing to damaging" Clint sighs.

Things lull back to a comfortable silence, I end up in the workshop messing with the mark 41 or what's left of it before getting taken Tony tired to use this suit under water it completely shorted out. So now it's my own personal tinkering project I need a stress release the hang up calls are becoming more frequent and harder to hide from Clint.

"Jarvis"? I ask without looking up from the right gauntlet I'm working on.

"Yes Ms Stark"? He asks.

"Next time I get a call from any unknown numbers I want you to track them" I tell him while exchanging a torch for a pair of pliers.

"Of course, any reason"? He inquires smoothly with all the tact of my brother.

"I just want to know who keeps calling that's all J" I tell him firmly.

"Of course" Then he falls silent.

After a few hours of work I almost have the suit operational that is saying something since it was a pile of disassembled parts when I started.

"Captain Rogers requests your join the others for lunch" Jarvis says.

"Not hungry Jarvis" I say creating a new pile for fabricating new pieces to complete the suit.

"I am afraid that he is insisting Ms Stark" Jarvis replies.

I shake my head, I'm not in the mood for lunch or any of the questions I know that they will ask. Clint has no doubt mentioned the other similar phone calls to Thor and Steve, until I have answers I don't want to talk about it.

"You can tell Captain Rogers I will be there for dinner, that I have things to work on down here" I say waving my hand in the direction of the elevator.

"I will inform him" He says.

I turn my music back up and sit cross legged on the ground.

"Sir would be proud of you for fixing the mark 41, he always has favored it" Jarvis says.

"I think so too" I smile.

...