~31~

Edited

"I don't think you ever realize how much you love something until you have to give it up." ~Haley James Scott -One tree hill  

~~~~~~~~~

Note: This part is from BEFORE Scarlett left. Don't get confused please.

|3 Years ago|

|Hunter|

I rang the doorbell with my elbow. I knew Jace had an app programmed into his phone which alerted him whenever someone rang the doorbell.

"Hurry up and open the goddamned door Jace." I muttered. My arms were starting to ache.

Finally after what seemed like an eternity the door opened. Jace's eyes widened when he saw me.

"What the-" His eyes narrowed at the sleeping girl in my arms. "Care to explain?"  He raised an eyebrow in question and made no move to let me in.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. "I found her passed out in the library . She probably stayed up all night studying."

Scarlett mumbled something in her sleep as she snuggled deeper into my arms. I could feel my heart tug.

Jace's eyes widened in confusion. "How'd you manage to bring her here on your motorcycle in this state?"

"I didn't." I lifted a shoulder nonchalantly. "I walked."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "You walked three miles carrying a sleeping girl in your arms?"

"Well I couldn't just leave her there!" I snapped. "And I know her parents aren't home so I couldn't leave her alone at her house."

He gave me a pointed look. "Your house is closer to the library than mine and you're both neighbors, wouldn't that have been more convenient."

I sighed. "You know I can't do that Jace. I can't be with her."

My chest hurt.

Jace shook his head but he finally stepped aside to let me in.

I laid her gently on the couch and made sure that she was comfortable.

"I just don't understand." Jace finally spoke. "You treat her like crap, pretend like you don't care about her but whenever she needs help, whenever she's in trouble you bring her to me or you beg me to go and help her. Why?"

I looked at her sleeping peacefully. "Because you're the one person I can trust to keep her safe when I can't."

"You're making her hate you, you know that right?"

I nodded. "That's the plan." My voice came out in a whisper.

Jace let out an exasperated sigh. "You know, I want to beat the crap out of you for hurting her."

Then he shook his head, "But when I look at you I realize that no amount of beating can cause you the amount of pain you're causing yourself right now."

The lump in my throat made it hard to swallow. "I should go, before she wakes. Jace please don't-"

"Tell her it was you who brought her here, got it." He finished my sentence.

I couldn't bring myself to smile.

Just as I was stepping out the door, Jace's voice stopped me.

"She is something, isn't she?"

I smiled.

"She is everything."

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovelies ;))

It's been a while. I hope you guys hadn't lost faith and started thinking I'd given up.

P.S: OMG WHO ELSE LOVES HUNTER AS MUCH AS I DO T_T