PROLOGUE

EDITED ON NOVEMBER 19TH, 2018

daughter of the hunt

skilled on the battlefront

blessed with a curse

that has the power to balance the universe

love ingrained in her destiny

intertwined with the fate of the water

but all will end helplessly

the winter solstice proving to be a slaughter

Luna Ardelean knew of her fate long before she arrived at Camp Half-Blood in the company of Annabeth Chase, Luke Castellan, and Thalia. The prophecy was something written in the stars long before she was born, long before she was even a thought in her mother's head.

Artemis, the Goddess of the Hunt, the Moon, Childbirth, and Virginity never broke her values. Luna was created through her mind. She fell in love with a mortal man, but she knew it could never be. She would never break from her values. Instead, Luna was born from her thoughts, created with the love of her and her mortal man through different means. It was almost a gift, allowing Artemis to have a piece of the man she loved without breaking from her values.

Thus, Luna Ardelean was created almost sixteen years ago from the mind of her mother, Artemis. She grew up with her father, a normal girl until the age of seven, when she made her way to Camp Half-Blood alongside her friends. The prophecy was one she dreamed of often, a simple riddle that was spoken through all of her dreams. When she realized what she was, it cemented in her mind what that riddle truly was. Chiron only confirmed her suspicions when her mother publicly claimed her inside of the camp, which led Chiron to confide in her about the prophecy that had lingered in the air for many years before she arrived on the earth.

She trained alongside her fellow half-bloods for nine years, becoming known as one of the strongest among them. She was blessed with accuracy of the bow and arrow, her most comfortable weapon of choice. Luna Ardelean was youthful, independent, and one of the strongest demi-gods to ever walk the earth. She resembled her mother in many ways: her beauty was not ignored by many of the males in the camp, she hid her emotional vulnerability with ease, yet it was her power that resembled that of her mother so closely.

Luna had complete control of the forest, could manipulate the roots of the trees, the rock and the earth to her will. Luna always held an affinity for the elements, though, something that just drew her toward the elements. She cared deeply for the animals and the people of earth, a protective nature stemming from that immediately. Her ability to speak and understand animals is what granted her a fourteenth birthday gift from her mother: a wolf. Black and Gray, her arrived in camp one day for Luna. Named Arrow, he was sent to her as a companion, meant to fight alongside her and comfort her in her times of need.

Luna Ardelean's prophecy was but a small one with high stakes, though, compared to that of the great prophecy.

A half-blood of the eldest gods

Shall reach eighteen against all odds

And see the world in endless sleep

The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap

A single choice shall end his days

Olympus to preserve or raze

Few knew of the prophecy, Luna and Chiron being two of the people who knew of it. Nothing was certain, but they both has a sneaking suspicion that Luna's prophecy, her destiny, was intertwined with the destiny of the half-blood mentioned in the Great Prophecy, but only time would tell how the fates of these two half-bloods would play out.