XLVII

I barely got any sleep last night.

That wasn't anything out of the usual.

But it kind of was.

The reason behind my lack of sleep was because of Harry—because of the date.

That would officially mark my first date, and it was with a guy I never thought I would go out with.

Even though I was the kind of person who loved taunting these 'dark' people because I wanted to show everyone that these people weren't monsters like everyone said; they were humans with trashy personalities.

But, I wouldn't push it to the point where I would date them.

I didn't think Harry fits entirely in their category.

Harry was mysterious; maybe he owns a dark aura too, but my little sister calls him princess Harry. That must say something.

But that wasn't the only thing that kept me up last night.

I had seen someone last night, and Harry didn't. He was staring at the same spot as I was and had the blankest expression, while I was pretty sure I had a white as a sheet face.

Not allowing my thoughts to go further like I always do to survive, I pushed through the doors of the school, grabbing the attention that I had gotten used to. Though unlike every day, their attention didn't linger for long.

Harry wasn't with me today. He said he was going to skip the first couple of classes because they sounded, and I quote, 'boring.'

Without arguing, I grabbed Zoe and got out of the car, but Harry didn't let us go anywhere until he informed me that he was going to be nearby, so if anything happened, he expected to be my 911.

I spotted Dylan leaning against one of the lockers, lost in thought.

Pulling at the straps of my bag, I approached him, but he didn't even flinch.

I raised my eyebrows and snapped my fingers in front of his face, "Hello?"

He straightened and blinked then glanced around with furrowed eyebrows, looking lost, as if he didn't know where he was, before his eyes finally landed on me.

"If this was a fantasy novel, I would assume you got possessed, and your possessor walked you here, then left. So, you alright?"

He nodded, clearing his throat, "Yeah, are you?"

"I'm okay."

I imagine both of us being called the two liars if our lives were narrated in third point of view.

He didn't look okay, in fact, he looked past and beyond miserable, but I tried to ignore that.

"Good," he said, his eyes moving somewhere past me.

I jumped on the balls of my feet, taking in a deep breath. I didn't want to end this here, "So...what have you been up to lately?" I asked, signaling for him to walk with me.

There were only minutes left before the first bell, but at this point, I didn't care. I always enter class late anyway.

He pinched the bridge of his nose then placed his hands in the pockets of his jacket, opening his mouth before closing it again like he reconsidered his answer, "Nothing much, what about you?"

Trying not to show how disappointed I was with his reply, I for once elaborated on my answer, "I work in a coffee shop now!"

"Really?!"

"Yeah, Harry's friend works there. That was where we got the idea from."

"O-"

"You dyed your hair?!" I asked suddenly upon seeing a raven black strand of hair coming out of his beanie.