𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

The noise of the Dallas traffic intertwined with the smooth r&b coming Parker's car set the tone for the night.

Mac and him were in the back seat eating a five star meal from Forks. The irony of it all is what made it such a 'them' thing to do.

Steak with mashed potatoes and veggies was a classic. Parker had a refined palette - sometimes. Mac was often content with a sandwich and chips but the blonde insisted on something more extravagant this time.

Little did she know this was the day he was going to ask her to homecoming. He was initially going to do something showy at school but then he genuinely thought about Mac.

Not her actions or necessarily her words but the way she carried herself. He thought about the perfect Homecoming proposal for her and not him.

This was his first big homecoming proposal and he wanted to do it right for her. In the past, he had gone with a group of his 'friends' and of course, casually ask his flavor of the month if would they attend with him. Nothing major, and always the bare minimum.

But this was different, it was real.

Parker had been acquainted with Mac for a while and crushed on her for an absurd amount of time. He knew while Mac was extroverted, she was also reserved, she could be social but also revealed very little about herself. She was private. So, he would make his Homecoming ask big and meaningful for her, not a big showcase for everyone else.

So he started off with good food.

"How is your steak?" he said looking at the dark-skinned girl chew happily on her filet.

"So good. But Parker you need to stop spending money on me" she said looking at him seriously. She watched his pink lips quirk and then fill out into a full-blown grin, revealing his perfect teeth.

"Why" he inquired looking at her curiously.

"I can't give to you in the same way and money is just... money. You don't need that to impress me or something."

It was the daddy issues within her, but Money is how her dad shows his so-called affection. She didn't know exactly where she and Parker were going but she couldn't mislead him, she loved a good talk of wanting to be showered in gifts and have a guy buy her a Birkin but she knew none of that was real.

Parker nodded in understanding, taking in and processing what she was saying before responding.

"First, I like giving, I give a lot to different people in different ways but the fact that you don't want me to give to you is very refreshing. But also makes me want to give you more. And second, Money is just as you said...Money. I have access to it, that is all it is. I don't try to persuade you or flaunt my money but I also don't try to hide it. Thirdly, I don't expect you nor do I want you to do anything in return. But I like to think that I am more than just what I can give you. So I say this sincerely, I give to you and share with you because you are important to me and I have the resources to do so. But if it makes you uncomfortable, I will stop. Because I care about you and what you want."