Chapter 48

As Jeff and I make our way to the hospital, hiding within the shadows as we stalk along the streets, we quietly try to think of a plan. To which we soon  came up with an idea. I was soaked in Jeffs blood from when he died as I tried to bring him back - which was luckily successful. That meant I could use the blood to my advantage.
"How can you be sure that doctor still works here?"
Jeff questions as the hospital comes into view, sneaking around the back of the building to wait.
"I don't. I just have to hope he's still here."
I sigh, peering around the corner to check no one was around to listen to us.
"Do you even know the Doctors name?"
He asks. I slowly turn to face him. Squinting my eyes and frowning my brows. Glaring angrily. Does he think I would go through all that pain and torture, to not know the doctors name?
"Manning. Dr, Otis Lee Manning."
I growl, turning around sharply and making my way to the entrance. I here Jeff call my name from behind me, but I ignore him. I was ready for this and nothing was going to stop me now.

Nurse POV
"Oh come on where are you..!"
I mumble as I desperately try and find the doctor. There was an emergency in the ICU that he needed to attend to. Finally I find him standing at the receptionists desk, signing some papers.
"There you are! Dr Manning! You're needed in the ICU quickly! The patient has gone into Cardiac arrest!"
He instantly marches off, not giving it a second thought. He was such a good doctor, good at his job, passionate about his work.
"SOMEBODY HELP ME!"
Just as I was about to leave the reception, a voice screams out for help, as a girl covered in blood stumbles through the hospital doors.
"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!"
She screams as she falls to the floor, tripping over her own feet but instantly tries to scramble back up in panic. I rush over to her almost instantly.
"What happened?!"
"PLEASE! PLEASE HES COMING! HES COMING TO KILL ME!"
Helping her to her feet and moving her away from the door, I call to the security standing behind the reception desk.
"Guard that door! Let nobody through!"
I order as I continue to help the injured girl, taking her down the hallway to find an empty room where I can check her over. Asking as many questions as possible along the way. But she kept screaming the same thing no matter what I asked. Someone is trying to kill her.

I eventually find a room and manage to calm her down so I could talk to her properly.
"Okay sweetheart.. Take deep breaths, slowly, In and out.. Whats your name?"
I ask her calmly in a soft tone as I begin to check her over, checking her heart rate with my stethoscope but also checking her eye reflexes to light, making sure she was still responsive.
"O-Olivia Winters.. People call me Ollie.."
Her face was so full of fear, I cant imagine what she must have just been through. I give a reassuring nod as I crouch down in front of her, helping her remove her blood stained clothes so she can put on a hospital gown.
"Okay Ollie. Can you tell me what happened?"
She was hesitant at first, stuttering and mumbling, trying to find the right words to use.
"Well. I.. I was walking my dog in the woods. Like I always do.. But this time, she ran off, barking loudly as if to be chasing something.. She was soon out of sight and I couldn't see her at all, I could only hear her barking.. And then suddenly, she cried out, cried out in pain. I was worried! I call out for her, but suddenly, this man appeared, walking towards me, holding her decapitated head in his hand!"
She stops and instantly bursts out crying, slamming her face into her palms as she sobs. The poor girl. Her dog died and she nearly lost her own life too..

Once she was in the gown, I begin to do a full body check, cleaning any small wounds and seeing if any needed stitches. Although, as I searched up and down her legs, arms, stomach chest, back or neck. I realised, she had no wounds at all. Her skin was completely clear. There were just a few patches where the blood had soaked through her clothes and dried on her skin.
"Strange..."
I mumble, as I grab a wet cloth to dab the smeared blood off of her face.
"Lift up for me dear"
I ask as her head remains in her hands. She sniffs and pauses a little before finally lowering her hands and raising her head, looking at me with sorrow filled eyes. As I begin to wipe off the blood, I notice her eyes were dry, but if she had just been crying, they would be red and wet, especially her eyelashes..
Shaking my head and sighing, brushing off any odd thoughts about it, I continue my work of helping her.
However, the moment all the blood on her face was gone, I instantly drop the wet cloth and gasp. The left side of her face was scarred. But, not just any old scars. Scars I remember.
Her sad and fearful expression suddenly changes to an evil, sly grin.
"You!-"