Love You

Home.

Your apartment looked like it had been torn apart, which sort of makes sense.  You hadn't been able to come home in the past two weeks between staying at the veterinary clinic and your accidental adoption. Apparently, two weeks was all it took for your distraught lovers to completely trash the place.

Still sitting on Kal's broad shoulders, his wavy blond hair tickling against your fur, you had a great view of the wreckage.  Empty ramen noodle cups.  Everywhere.

Blinking, you looked around owlishly at the mess.  Midori looked very guilty and judging from the number of shrimp ramen containers, he was. 

Really...wow...

Looking everywhere but the floor, Kal tried to manuever his way over the junk, to your hopefully untouched room.  Somehow he made it to the door and got it open, disrupting a stack of takeout boxes.  They toppled onto the rest to the trash.  By now, you were certain you had a very unimpressed expression on your face.

After gently setting you down on the unmade bed, Kal nervously threaded his fingers through his hair, trying to choose his words carefully.

"We didn't b-burn the place down at least...Sorry about the mess.  We'll clean it up," he mumbled looking apologetic and afraid you were going to scold him.  Not that you really could, as you had gone back to being a fluffball upon arrival.

Your tail twitched in annoyance.

This guy....

Ears flattened to your furred head, cute, little nose turned up so as to snub his apologies.  If there was anything you took seriously, it would be your home.  You'd spent ages decorating, making it absolutely perfect.

And they've gone and screwed it all up.

Kal could obviously see you were completely pissed.  Your claws were practically mangling the sheets.  He swallowed nervously, backed out of the room, and left you to cool down.

Smart choice.

That was the thing about Kal, he knew exactly what you needed when you were angry.  You would've figured him to know that you love your apartment with its eggshell colored walls and accents you had scoured home improvement stores for, but no, he hadn't seemed to recall that bloody detail, now had he?

Why the flip do they have to go make me so freaking mad?!  I just got back!  Couldn't they have waited a little while at least?

A loud sigh huffed out of your nose and you flopped onto your side.  Crunch.  A freaking potato chip, in the bed. 

What the actual frick?

VRRRRRRR!!!  Your fur bristles up with alarm, as the vacuum kicks on in the next room over.  Whiskers twitching, you attempt to settle down.  That thing sounded absolutely terrifying.

No wonder Midori would disappear when I'd run it!

A few moments later, it shut off and you heard Midori saying some...not nice words.

"What the heck did you do?"

Kal's voice.

"I don't know!  It just stopped working!!!"  Midori yelled.

I swear if he broke my vacuum cleaner we're gonna have some issues.

"Midori, you blinking idiot!  It came unplugged!  How do you not notice that?!"  Kal's normally calm voice was shrill with disbelief.

"I dunno. Ummm... gee, maybe it's because I'VE NEVER VACUUMED BEFORE!!!"

"Oh...yeah...forgot about that."