Chapter 13

"My sincerest apologies your highness," was the last thing the doctor said as he had just told Oliver his wife had miscarriage.

Oliver sat on the floor in the empty secured off hallway of the hospice near the Palace. His body stilled and his face paled. He went over the nights events and blamed himself for the entire situation he was going through. Meeting Natalia in University, falling in love with her, then the intense and serious argument they had the night of their honeymoon, that had ultimately brought him to Tanya. He couldn't help but think about things he could've done to avoid the shopping Centre where they met.

He had more love for Tanya than he realized, and when he finally did realize it was too late. She had gotten what she wanted...which was to take their daughter and herself and go back to America. He had given up his parental rights to the little girl he loved more than life itself.

If he had never raised a hand to Tanya, he'd still have them where he wanted them. If he had never pushed Natalia she'd never had her miscarriage. Everything was leading back to Kaleb telling him about his father and his abusiveness to his mother. He thought he was becoming him, he didn't want Natalia to endure what his mother had to, being beaten, having to cover bruised with makeup, and then never to feel safe in his arms ever again.

"Oliver?" He heard faintly snapping him out of his thoughts. He focused on the figure in front of him, who was his father, mother, and uncle.

"Natalia's parents are on their way, sweetheart." His mother said dropping to her knees to his level. She took her hand and put it to one of his knees that he had pulled up to his chest. She was about to say something else till Oliver put up a hand to stop her.

"I do not wish to hear the words I'm sorry...the doctor has said it multiple times already." He said. "I just want to be left alone."

They all stared at him for a moment. His mother rose to her feet and walked off with the two men.

Oliver sat in the hallway for longer, Natalia's mother and father had come and checked on his well-being, but he tuned them out and kept to his thoughts, and self-sorrows.

Kaleb had finally arrived back to Walleria, and when he had seen his cousin sitting on the floor disheveled he sat beside him.

"What did you do?" Kaleb said after a while breaking the silence.

Oliver slowly turned to him blinking rapidly. "How do you mean?"

"I know you did something... you've slapped Tanya, I'm pretty sure Natalia didn't slip and fall down stairs that she's been up and down for the past 7 years she'd been there." He whispered. "The media is printing out your upcoming child. It's going to be on the front pages of tabloids all over the world. Retractions are highly expensive, and it's going to seem as if the pregnancy announcement was a big sham. So I suggest you get your arse out of your pity party and suck it up...and be a man own up to the shit you've put both of these women through, because as far as I'm concerned you don't deserve any sympathy. You're.Pathetic." He finished rising up and making his way to Natalia's room down the hall.

He stared at his retreating back, and stared at his reflection in the one sided mirror ahead of him. Kaleb was right, he needed to own up to mess he'd made, and first he was going to start with the woman who was with him now. Natalia.

~*~

"Can I speak to my wife alone for a minute please?" Oliver said to the crowd in her oversized hospice room. They all turned to him and smiled weakly, well all except Kaleb who was scowling at him, and Natalia who was avoiding his eyes.

"Of course." Natalia's mother said rising from the chair next to her daughter's bed, she gave Natalia a kiss on her forehead followed by her father. Everyone filed out the room, and left them alone, but Kaleb gave him a pointed look as he was the last to make his exit. When Kaleb closed the door behind them, Oliver locked the door, and turned to his wife who had turned over on her side and faced away from him.

"Darlin-" He stared.

"Shut up, Oliver. I don't want to hear a word from you, this is all your fault." She cried. "How could you do that?! You pushed me so hard that the back of my head had hit the edge of the bed... and almost gave me a fucking concussion, Oliver! I hate you, I hate you so much. It's your fault that I lost my child."

"Baby, I'm so sorry. Please...please don't leave me." He begged as he sat on the bed in front of her.

"Leave you? I can't leave you, we're in the public eye 24/7. As much as I hate you right now, I know we can get over this, but I want a child Oliver," she said sitting up in the bed.

He thought for a moment, and looked at her. "I'll give you another child darling. I promise, it may not truly replace our first one...but... I'll make sure to make this up to you for the rest of my life." He said brushing her hair out of her face, then stroked her cheek.

She smiled and leaned into his touch. "Thank you, love." She said.

"When can you leave out of here?"

"Well the doc say's that I can leave now if I want, but...I have to wait at least 2 weeks till we try for another child or let alone just have sex again." She said.

He nodded his head, and felt partial of the weight on his shoulders had just been lifted off.

"It's funny though. The woman with Kaleb...she's glowing, she's a little pudgy, it was obvious in the gown she wore but... I think she and Kaleb might be expecting, lord knows how long the two of them have been intimate but... she's definitely expecting." Natalia giddied like she wasn't just 2 hours ago accusing Oliver of trying to stir up an affair with the woman.

Oliver thought for a moment, she was extremely more beautiful than she had been the last time he saw her, she was a little bloated but he overlooked it, and then...the vomiting in the office. Oliver's moth gaped, and he balled up his fists in anger.

That asshole got Tanya pregnant. He thought to himself. He was furious with Kaleb, he had gotten her pregnant, and he was livid, he was on his ass about his dirty laundry yet the son of a bitch screwed around with the love of his life and the mother of his child, and he was getting Tanya to go against him by making him give up his parental guardianship to his daughter, this was all Kaleb...Kaleb was behind everything. He shouldn't have ever left Tanya alone for the month that he did.

Oliver was officially out for blood.