Almost Kisses

Violet

He opened the door of his hotel room, letting me inside.
Once again I rubbed my now puffy eyes...I can't believe I broke down like that. It's not the strong Violet I built myself to be.

"This is neat..."

Xander through his jacket on his bed before pouring himself a drink... " do you want something?"

I shook my head , disagreeing...I don't drink.

"I stayed on the same side when I first moved here...it has an excellent view of the academy."

He smirked taking a sip of his drink, " hence I booked it."

I sat down awkwardly on the side of his bed...there was no other seating and my feet were getting sleepy.

"Tell me about home."

He raised a eyebrow, " what do you want to know?"

"Everything..."

"Well I haven't seen your parents...so I can't exactly talk about them, Alpha Jace has made Sean pack warrior after a war broke out and people were protecting Emma as a Luna instead of letting her fight like a warrior,"

I rolled my eyes ....of course ever knew that would happen.

"Alana and Dave had a baby boy, Elliot, he is just like his dad-can't stand up to Alana, shockingly Brie and Dylan are not pregnant....and your sister is getting married this weekend."

I chocked on air.... " what?"

"She sent you the email...she told me so."

I looked down twiddling my thumbs, " I haven't checked my old email forever."

"Well now that you know you can come."

I shook my head at Xander, giving him a small smile, " I can't, I am leaving tomorrow on my first cas-"

"Yes I forgot you have a different life now, one without us."

Us...like he used to be part of it.

I cleared my throat hoping to metaphorically clear the awkwardness, "so you like Taylor Swift hey?"

He kept quiet....after a while I though he just didn't want to answer.

"No."

Finally something
"But you knew the lyrics tonight...before it came on."

"Brie grew up listening to Taylor...so it got stuck somewhere up there perhaps."

I smirked...I got you know big-bad Alpha, " that's actually quite funny considering that song came out, quite recently...Brie is a grown women living miles away now."

"I take it right back, you talk way to much."

"I know," I smiled, " I need to use you bathroom, mind leaving this song on, it helps me to ....release." I walked to my phone putting on the most catchy Taylor song I know from this new set. Before turning and walking to the bathroom grabbing Xander's phone.
Thank goodness it was an IPhone so I just slid it towards the left and it opened the video settings.

Well this isn't going well.
Xander successfully did not react to the song....just went I was about to cancel the video ...the best thing in the world started.

(Look what you just made me do)

Xander slowly started humming then he spoke to the words of lady swift himself, "I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now
Why?
Oh, 'cause she's dead!"