fifty six.

from here on out, please pay attention to the months

taehyung's pov

it was now october. the leaves were beginning to fall as the season changed.

i exited my house for school, looking around at my empty street, a part of me hoping to see jungkook infront of my lawn, waiting to take me to school.

unfortunately that wasn't the case. he had been avoiding me for days on end now.

refusing to answer my calls, leaving my messages unread, and the worst one yet, avoiding me at school.

it wasn't just me who he was shutting out, but also namjoon and jin. he refused to speak to anyone of us.

i had tried going over to his aunts house but he was never home when i visited. and i knew she wasn't lying because i could also see the worry and concern on her face.

-

it was mid october, i was walking home from his aunts house, another failed attempt to speak to him. i was rounding the corner when a park came into view. a few children were playing on the swings as i passed by.

i continued walking until something caught my attention. a boy sitting under a tree, his head between his legs. i recognized his black jacket immediately.

it was jungkook.

i gulped, my heart racing after finally seeing him for the first time in weeks.

i slowly walked over, careful that he wouldn't see me incase he tried to run away.

a gush of wind blew, making my teeth chatter lightly. i shook my hands in jungkook's hoodie that i was wearing, creating sweater paws.

i slowly approached him from behind and took a seat in the grass beside him. my presence seemed to startle him as he looked up immediately.

i almost gasped at the sight. the way his eyes were staring at me, with no emotion whatsoever, scared the living daylights out of me. his eyes looked dead, dark circles adorned his face.

i looked at him deeply, trying to find something, anything that could tell me how he was feeling.

"hello." i spoke softly.

he looked away immediately, refusing to meet my gaze.

it was silent for a few seconds, he wasn't going to talk anytime soon.

i sighed deeply, knowing that i was going to have to pour my heart out to him.

"can you please talk to me? i need to know what's wrong- please tell me- anything. i want to help you but i can't if you keep shutting me out. i know-i know it hurts but please, i want to help you through it." my voice just completely fell apart.

tears streamed down my cheeks as i stared at the side of his face. he just kept looking straight ahead, acting like he hadn't just heard what i said.

i sat there for another few seconds, waiting for an answer, anything.

and i got one. just not the one i was expecting.

"we should break up." he said, his voice steady, not showing any trace of emotion.