Chapter 8

JORDAN'S P.O.V

There wasn't anything to pack exactly as we had arrived early in the morning. Just a few stuffs and I was done. Mark was a gentle man I need to give him that. He held the car door for me then the hotel door. And I had to keep saying a Thank you.

I put my hair brush in the bag and I was done he helped me with the bags to load them in the trunk. I walked to the passenger door to settle in, i didn't have to pay for the homestay as we had done all our transaction online.

"Do you like ice cream? " he asked as soon as I took the passenger seat. Who would on earth not like ice cream.
"I love it."
"So you wouldn't mind if we stop by to have ice cream right ? "
"No. I would rather love it. So much has happened today. Maybe an ice cream would fix it."
Luke and I had planned our day to be exciting and fun. But I guess it went down the drain.
Maybe an ice cream would help me digest all these events and maybe then my reactions would be upto the mark.
We stopped by a small stall which was selling ice creams.
"This place has the best ice cream." He said and walked out of the car.
I too hopped out and walked towards the stall.
"A usual for me" He said to the young girl who was serving ice cream, he seemed to be an often visitor.
He turned towards me to ask what I would want. But I was fast.
"I would take mint chocolate two scoops." As soon as it left my mouth I saw there was a weird kind of smile on Mark's face.
"What!?" I asked.
"Nothing" we waited for our order silently. Though I was warming up to him but I still didn't have anything to talk about. I am a reserved person like that.
When I saw the girl getting our orders I realised we both had ordered the same thing. Now that was bloody weird. I thought it was only me who like mint chocolate, Luke always made a face while I ordered this. Mark was the first person who I met who actually ordered this flavour.

Ignoring all the weird thoughts I started having my ice cream. When I have ice cream it is usual for me to ignore the world around me. Once I was done I looked up at Mark. He had a smirk.
"You do lové ice cream." He said.
I smiled sheepishly. When I get my ice cream I become a kid.
"You have something." He said and came closer to wipe out the ice cream. I saw him taking his index finger close to my lips and and wipe it of. Those tingling feelings were back but what made it hot was when he took the ice cream and licked it.

I kept reminding myself that I am married and I am not supposed to feel like this for a man who I met just a few hours.
We walked towards the car and sped off towards the house silently.

AN
Sorry had to keep this chapter short due to a lot of work in office. 😂