16

I stared at Kaldur, he stared back.

We're uh...in the middle of a staring contest.

I blinked. Groaning I fell backwards. "You have vanquished me!"

He chuckled. "Begone foul beast you shall not harm the princess!" Then he poked my foot.

"Owwwwww!" I mock cried. "You would destroy the little honor I have? How cruel." I dramatically placed the back of my hand on my forehead.

"What honor? You attacked the nursery school! Perish beast!" Kaldur poked my face.

"What are you doing?" Artemis walked in.

"Nothing, we were just bored." I sat up and smiled at her. "What are you doing?"

"Getting out of my mom's hair." She shrugged walking over to the fridge.

All of a sudden Kaldur groaned.

"What?" I looked at him.

"I need to go finish papers for Batman." He got up and headed towards his room.

"Again?!"

There was silence for a few seconds then Artemis glared at me.

"How'd you really get those scars?"

"Battles." I answered turning on the TV.

"What kind of battles?"

"The type of battle where you get hurt."

You know, I think I have talk therapy with Canary later. Maybe I can bring this up with her.

"Can you at least be a little more specific?"

"Nope." I popped the p.

"Hey, we've got a mission." Megan flew in. "You guys should get ready."

Nodding I headed to my room. I stopped at Kaldur's room, opening the door.

"Yes?"

"We've got a mission. And is it bad The Wonder Pets theme song is stuck in my head now?"

"How did you even think about that song?"

"I don't know but... The phone, the phone is ringing! There's an animal in trouble."

"There's an animal in trouble somewhere." He finished. Then after a second he sighed. "You are going to be the death of me."

"You know, you're not wrong. I'm going to go get changed."

I quickly changed before slipping on the glove things and my water pack.

Then I headed back out to the hallway just in time to meet up with Kaldur.

"So, you ready to do this?" I smiled up at him.

"Yes. And you seem happier. Is the medicine working?"

I nodded. "Pretty well actually."

"That is good." He wrapped an arm around me. "Remember if anything changes...tell me."

"I will."

We walked into the main room, going to stand next to the rest of the Team.

"We need you to go to Dennison, Ohio. It's a small railroad town and we think stolen goods may be stashed on one of the trains. Investigate this and see if you can find out who's behind this. This is a covert mission only."

"Do you know who might be behind it?" Robin questioned.

"No."

Kaldur's phone buzzed and he pulled it out. "Coordinates received."

We all walked to the hangar, mostly silent except for Wally.

Who was basically just joking around with Robin.

"Why Dennison? If it's really a small town wouldn't people notice something weird going on?" Artemis finally asked.

"Not necessarily. People might just be like see something, say nothing, and drink to forget." I replied, thinking about all of Gabe's poker buddies.

"And that leads to the activity continuing." Kaldur added. "How long until we arrive Megan?"

"Not long."

Link established.

I groaned softly rubbing my temples.

"Are you okay Percy? Did I hurt you?" I could feel her worry through the link.

"It's not you, I just don't like people in my head. It's weird."

"You don't hear us complaining-"

"Artemis, please. Percy's mind is not yours. Telepathy may have a more serious affect on her than the rest of us."

"This is why you are my best friend."

"I know." Kaldur replied, a smile probably making a brief appearance on his face.

We sat in silence until the Bioship landed.

Aquagirl, stay with me. The rest of you know what to do.

Everyone nodded before disappearing down the tracks and into the darkness.

"Any idea who might be behind this?"

"We don't know if there is anything going on." Kaldur looked at me.

"Yeah but you have to have some guess." I crossed my arms.

"A later time would be more suitable for-"

Aqualad! Wotan is here!

I cast a curious glance at my friend, who's face had hardened.

"No one good. Come on. Hopefully your godly blood will block some of his magic."

I nodded. "If I'm in the spell's range it should filter it."

We quickly came upon the rest of the Team fighting some random person I'm assuming is Wotan.

All of a sudden a train lifted off of the tracks and flew towards them.

"Why do people have to do this kinda crap?" I groaned.

Are you guys going to help or just stare? Connor growled through the link.

Hold your horses...or your train. Whatever floats your boat. I started towards them.

Then I flung some water at the sorcerer dude to distract him.

Which... didn't work too well.

"You think you can hurt me?!" He laughed before blasting me with magical lightning.

I rolled my eyes, pretty much unfazed. But the other's?

They... they've never had to deal with Thalia.

"You'll have to try a little harder than that to faze me." I tainted, trying to draw more of his power so less would be on the others.

A cruel grin stretched across his face. "I think I can do that easily."

Raising his hands he began to chant.

I grimaced as I felt the magic hit me.

This isn't going to be good.

Well

I got Let's Go Eevee

And

IT IS FREAKING ADORABLE

I SWEAR I WAS CRYING IT IS THAT CUTE

anyway, guess what I'll probably be doing tomorrow?

See yah