S I X T Y

- Juliet's POV -

It was the beginning of May - one final exam left - Juliet had cried a little in frustration.

"I don't get it!" She wailed. She was so stressed. She felt like crying as she drank another mouthful of coconut water. Typhon barked lightly, making circles around them. Juliet's tension made him jumpy.

Alex sighed. "You just have to break it down, one by one. See, this is - "

"Stop talking," she snarled. "If I hear another mathematical word out of your mouth followed by see, it's easy! then I swear to god, I'm going to smother you in your sleep. Understand?"

Alex had obediently shut up, and let her finish her tantrum as he stretched back and put his arms over his head, his muscles flexing.

The flexing temporarily dazed Juliet. She glared at him. "You're distracting me."

"It isn't my fault I'm so good looking, Khrysopos."

"Aren't you being a little arrogant, soldier?"

He blinked innocently. "Whatever do you mean?"

A faint smile curved around her lips. He grinned at her as he leaned forward and hugged her. She slowly returned the hug back, and they just stayed there like that.

"It's okay," Alex murmured. "Its okay if you don't do well in math. You can't be perfect in everything."

"But I'm Juliet - "

"Exactly. You're Juliet. You like English literature and history and politics and economics and biology and chemistry. You're very good at badminton and throwball, decent in football - "

"I slipped - " She defended.

"You did not," he grinned at her. She sulked. "Listen. It's okay. You don't have to over exert yourself for other people's expectations."

Suddenly, Juliet's eyes watered. "When did you become so wise?"

"Well. I used to stress a lot, like you, until I realised you slowed down my path of fire and everything was still fine. I felt so at ease when you got me those few days holiday and I just sat and played videogames."

Juliet chuckled, wiping at her eyes. Typhon tried to jump up, managing to rest on the edge of the couch, touching Juliet's leg. She scratched his ear.

He smiled and kissed her cheek. "It's okay," he echoed. "You have your talents - be the strongest in them. It isn't the end of the world if you're not good in math - It's not like you want to become an engineer or something, right?"

"No," she mumbled. "But I want a good overall percenta - "

"And you'll get it," he said calmly. "It's just one exam. I'll explain everything to you, and you'll be amazing at it. Because you're Juliet Ashton - talented in other fields, but knows how to adjust her time to make do for other subjects and top the academy."

Right then, Juliet kissed him. Deeply, her hands pulling him to her. She pulled back and murmured, "where have you been all my life?"

He smiled. "Come on. Let's start from the beginning."

***

~ two days later ~

Right now, they were on a flight headed to Tokyo. It was Alex's cousin's wedding. A boy named Jiao.

"My cousin invited me to his wedding in Tokyo," Alex had brought up while they sat on the couch in the Commons.

It was in use again.