Chapter 26

"I can't believe it's finally over" a surprisingly happy Camila grins as she tightens her hand around Lauren's own, the two heading back to the tour bus to pack their things up after the girls last performance of the tour.

It was a long time coming really, the two having had counted down the days since the tour had begun. It wasn't that Camila didn't love performing and touring, because she did.

Her fans made her one of the happiest people in the entire world. But it had been non stop for months on end, and it was about time she got a break to spend time with those she loved. No interviews with nosey hosts. No paparazzi yelling at her wherever she went. Just, hours on end with her favourite people.

Lauren smiles as they come to a stop next to the bus door, reaching a hand out so she could type in the code, "me either baby. But it's been a long time coming. Remember though, you're spending time with your family for the first week" she warms, knowing that despite telling the girl about this months ago, telling her again would be vital if she was to avoid an inevitable meltdown.

Camila pouts, but nods, "I know mama. But I still get to go to yours on Monday right? Like you promised?" She looks Lauren's way hopefully.

"Of course my love. Now, did you pack your things last night like mama asked?" Lauren pulls the bus door open, leading Camila inside before following her lead and closing the door behind her.

The small girl smiles sheepishly, giving Lauren the answer that no, she hadn't.

Shaking her head playfully, Lauren gives the girl a gentle push towards the back of the bus where she knew the girls belongings would be, "go pack them please" she lightly scolds.

Camila complies, but soon stops just a few feet away with a shy look on her face causing Lauren to drop her smile and walk over to her, "What is it love?" She wonders, tucking a stray strand of hair out of her face.

"Nurse mama?" Camila whispers, fumbling anxiously with the end of her sweatshirt.

Lauren smiles softly, "just as soon as you've packed we'll have a quick nursing session, okay?"

"P'omise?" Camila's voice was still a whisper, obviously scared that she would be rejected and mama wouldn't let her nurse even after promising. Rejection was still something she feared more often than not, and although she had to admit she was getting better at trusting, she still had her bad days.

"Yes baby, i promise"

With that reassurance in mind, the young girl was quick to rush off towards the back of the bus. She hastily packs all of her things without bothering to fold, and as soon as her suitcase was full of just about everything she had brought on tour with her, she sits herself on top of it and zips it up.

Happy she had managed to be a big girl and pack without any help, she climbs back to her feet and rushes back through to the living room. There she was greeted with her mama talking to Normani and as she was still pretty shy around her, she immediately stops in her tracks whilst shyly fumbling with the sleeve of her sweater.

Lauren immediately notices her presence in the room and with a soft smile, she was holding her arms out invitingly, "come here baby, it's okay" she reassures, knowing just how shy her baby could get around anyone that wasn't her.

Camila sends Normani a quick glance before complying, and soon enough she was being lifted into a cradled position on her mama's lap.

"You don't mind do you?" Lauren asks Normani.

The girls assistant shakes her head, "of course not. Go ahead and do what you gotta do" she says, and knowing how private especially Camila was with the whole bonding thing with her mama, she picks up her phone and situates her body so she wasn't directly facing the two.

Smiling at the action, Lauren soon finds herself looking down at her antsy little girl, "go ahead my sweet one" she lifts up her shirt, placing a supporting arm just underneath the girls neck which allows Camila to relax properly in her arms.

She latches on with little trouble, and as soon as her brown eyes flicker close in content, Lauren was bringing her attention back to Normani who was looking at them with a soft smile on her face.

"Stop staring you weirdo" she jokes, her hand absentmindedly patting Camila's padded behind.

Normani rolls her eyes playfully before bringing her attention back to her phone, "it's cute you know" she murmurs, flickering her eyes to the woman briefly.

"What is?" Lauren questions, taking note of the fact that the bus was finally beginning to move.

"Your relationship. How much she trusts you really is endearing" Normani replies.

Lauren looks down at the young girl in her arms. She appeared to be sleeping now, the hand that wasn't clinging to her shirt now resting on her other breast, "I know" she finds herself whispering, leaning down ever so slightly to press a soft, lingering kiss to her forehead.

Camila's suckles speed up ever so slightly at the action, and Lauren brings the had that was once soothingly patting her butt up to gently cup her cheek.

This week was going to be hella long.

**

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter, but I still hope you enjoyed anyway. The next chapter should be longer 🙂

Next chapter: 200 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️