Chapter 5: I'm Going To Make It

Shooting after lunch was a little tense. I hadn't spoken to anyone once I'd gotten back to the dining hall, and I know they're full of questions. I ignored them though, and just ate my salad in peace.

Four showed us how to properly fire a gun, and he hit the center of the target every time. A little pride welled up inside of me at how great my big brother has become.

The first few shots I had fired were outside the third ring of the target. I had tensed up when Eric had walked by and noticed, but Tobias came to my rescue and showed me how to improve. Within 15 minutes, all my shot were inside the first ring or the center.

After 2 hours of that, we were free to go and do whatever we wanted for the day. Exhausted, I decided to go back to the room and just go to bed. I wasn't planning on Christina, Will, Al and Tris following me.

"Alright, spill." Christina says once we are alone in the room. She sits on the end of my bed facing me, and crosses her legs.

I lean up against the frame and yawn. "'Bout what?"

"You know what. What's going on between you and Four?"

I pause. Ok, so they're getting curious. So far, only Tris knows he's my brother. And, I'm sure after that incident earlier with Peter, he's opened his big fat mouth and told people we're together. I wasn't sure what they've heard at this point.

"What do you mean?" I ask cautiously.

"Why are you two so close? Are you guys together?" Al asks, a hurt look on his face. Why, I don't know.

I gag in my mouth. They hear it, and confusion is now on their faces. "Ew, god no. I would never date him!"

"Why not? Four's hot. What's going on between you two?" Christina says, and I gag again.

"You think Four's hot?" Will asks her, and it sounds like he's hurt. Oh, he definitely likes her.

"Well, yeah. I mean, he's attractive, but he's kind of cold and closed off. I'd never date him." Christina says, and smiles at him. He relaxes a little bit.

"Then what makes you think we're dating?" I ask, and cross my arms.

"You guys are always together when possible. He wants to talk to you alone, a lot. He's concerned about you, that's obvious. And we saw you guys hugging." Al says, and crosses his own arms.

Oh. I don't want them to get the wrong idea, so I'll have to tell them. I look at Tris and she looks like she's about to burst out laughing.

I sigh, and close my eyes. "Four and I aren't together. He's my brother."

Silence.

"Oh." Will says.

"Yeah. He- listen, you can't tell anybody, ok? He came here four years ago, and this is the first I've seen him since then. We're trying to make up for lost time."

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to be so... mean." Al says, but he sounds relieved.

"No, you guys weren't mean, just... To the point. I can understand, you were curious. I'd be curious if I saw you suddenly really close with a leader, and I'd want to know why." I open my eyes and sit up.

"Why are you so quiet, Tris?" Christina asks.

She opens her mouth, unsure of what to say. "Well, I, uh, kind of already knew."

Christina is surprised. "You did?"

"Well, she saw me and Four together, and I didn't want her getting the wrong idea, so I told her. That was our first night here."