twenty one | 21

A/N - 1: Is it wrong that I'm attracted to a gif? Bc hot damn.

A/N - 2: Day late update bc I travelled again. Seriously hoping my life stabilizes real soon.

A/N - 3: This is a slightly longer-ish chapter. Soz...or am I? Enjoy!

in·tel·lect

Céline.

"Auntie Cece, who's Harry?" Was the very first thing I heard, once I walked into my apartment, shutting the door behind me.

Hazel and Josie were already curled up on my couch waiting for my return. As soon as my shoes were off, and came into view, I could see wide smiles from both of them.

"You just met him." I said, trying to keep things simple. I knew that i was going to get bombarded with many more questions from them - together and separately.

"I know that." Hazel crossed her arms, unamused by my obvious reply. I plopped down next to her, whilst my sister sat to my left. "What I meant was, who is he to you? He seems like he's more than just a friend."

"Nutella, sweetheart, he's just a friend." I answered her question, squeezing her cheek simultaneously.

"Where'd you meet him?"

"You know, you're starting to act like your mother."

"What can I say? I'm my mother's daughter." She shrugged and I laughed, softly hearing Josie scoff near me. "So?"

Seriously Hazel?

"So, what?" I replied, attempting to play dumb, even though I knew that it wasn't going to work.

There had to be a way to get out of answering her questions. I knew I could trust her with anything, but bringing up the full details about Harry to her, was something I wasn't sure if I was ready to do yet.

"Where'd you meet him?" She pushed.

"Downtown."

"Specify, please."

"My goodness, child." A deep sigh escaped my lips, hoping that my sister would step in soon. Something about it told me that she was just as curious to find out more information through her daughter's curiosity.

"Hazel ..." Josie warned, but I deeply sighed. I knew there was no way getting out of this. I also knew that she wouldn't go to sleep until I answered her - truthfully.

"We met by chance. It was the night I went out with, um, Jamie."

"So you had two dates in one night?" She furrowed her brows at my odd answer.

"Not exactly." I bit the inside of my cheek, the let out a frustrated sigh. "Alright fine."

I decided on telling her a moderated version of the exact same story I'd told my sister a few weeks back. Josie didn't really have any new information about Harry other than everything I'd told her so far, which technically, wasn't much. I knew that after our little run in tonight, that there would be a whole lot more that she was wondering about.

"So you dated Harry after your other 'date'?" She air quoted around the last word. I let out a short laugh, remembering the exact same action I did, when I first told Josephine.

"We're not dating."

"But it looks like you are. He looked at you like you were the prettiest girl he's ever seen. I mean, not that you aren't." She smiled widely, looking like she was remembering the moment that Harry and I shared not too long ago. Céline, stop. There was no moment. He just happened to come by and meet your family; and it only happened because your car was stolen. Yes; that's it.