Chapter 27

It was the the early glimpse of dawn. When the sky outside was still a dark but the blue hue was appearing on the horizon.

Rayyan stirred in his sleep. And even before having the reins of the sane part of his mind, he knew something was changed.

That's why when he opened his eyes, they immediately fell on the figure snuggled in the cocoon of his side. Noor had her fist clutched in his night shirt. Her head was resting on the junction of his arm and elbow and the same arm was wound around her waist.

He wasn't expecting this kind of sight to welcome him in his half sleepiness. He clearly remembered they both were inches apart when they had gone to bed last night.

It was Noor's doing. And to think that she had come this close to him to sleep was putting a balm of satisfaction and happiness on his heart. Bending down a little, he kissed her forehead slightly and pulling the duvet over them drifted off to sleep once again.

If he could, he would do this all day. There were no doubts.

_____________________________

The next moment he woke up, was bright shiny morning. The drapes on the window were pulled to the side making him squint his eyes. He sat down on the bed groggily looking around.

Almost eight.

He didn't have much of office work today. Just an hour meeting at twelve. After that Noor and he were to go to Khan residence to see off Noor's family and have dinner with his.

Moments of solitude were rare these days with all the busy routine with the wedding but now he was alone. Noor was probably downstairs. He ran his eyes in the room.

There weren't many signs that someone else had shifted here with him. Her slippers in the corner, a folded duppata on the recliner with her bag close by and her hair pins on the dresser.

So little signs. Still such a massive impact. She was all around him. Her familiar scent was still lingering in the air. Her warmth was still etched on his side.

If it were the old him few months back, he would've shaken his head thinking of this as a trick his mind was playing with him.

But those imaginations were no longer needed. It was all real. All his. All hers.

But still those moments of shock and exhilaration were still there with him. He was finally able to have the one person he ever loved dearly? It was still hard to believe.

But it was the reality. And he loved it.

Smiling to himself, he made his way towards the bathroom to have his morning shower.

It was a good day.

All of it.

_________________________

He was fast asleep when she'd woken up. With the crack of dawn. The position she'd found herself in, would've made her all conscious. But she knew this was how she had felt asleep last night.

And she slept good. The warmth was soothing. Etching onto her memory. Making it difficult for her to detach herself from it.