Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Julia's POV

It's been exactly a week and even after such little time, not having Max around sucks. He has been completely ignoring me, as expected, not even glancing at me in the hallways.

I tried to text me but he has already blocked my number. I don't know if there is anything left to do. Maybe I should do what he did and tell him during the assembly, so that way he can't avoid or ignore me...

I walk past him again, but he's on the other side of the line. I know he knows I'm looking at him, but he doesn't care. If I cross the line now, I know his friends will make me regret it.

I walk to class and sit down, putting my head down on my arms. This relationship was a terrible idea from the start, but I do still care about him. A lot. Definitely more than I should.

I know what I have to do...

~~*~~

The next assembly comes faster than I'm ready for. I sit amongst all the other seniors at the back and wait for the principal to finish giving another one of his motivational lectures.

"Would anyone else like to add anything?"

I raise my hand and then stand up. The principal nods at me. "I was wrong," I state and slowly walk to the front of the hall. "I know I told everyone that I didn't love you, but I was so wrong, Max."

Max stands up and shakes his head. "Don't do this," he says sternly.

"I made a really stupid mistake because I was scared of what could happen. I tried to push you away and I pushed too far when I should have actually been pulling you closer. I realise that now."

"A little late, Julia."

Once again, the entire hall is watching on the edge of their seats. It feels like I am in one of the stupid school plays and everyone is waiting for that epic happily ever after ending.

Maybe I'm waiting for it, too, but a part of me knows it is highly unlikely.

"I'm so sorry... for everything. I was a monster. You were right, we don't need this divide in the school. I love you, Max. I hate that I do, because I was told not to, but I do. I love you."

"You're pathetic. I mean, seriously? Do you really think I believe that bullshit?" he says, using my own words against me. He smiles, but it's not the smile that I know. It's a smile with the intention to cause pain. "After everything you have done to me, what exactly did you expect to happen out here? How stupid are you? Did you think after you apologised I'd forgive you and kiss you and everything would be perfect again?"

"Well, I thought maybe... Maybe you'd consider forgiving me."

"You know what I'm considering? Throwing a metal chair at your face. But since I can't do that..." He turns to two large men sitting in chairs on the side of the hall. "You're going up on the pole, for falling for a Dominator."

"Please don't do this, Max. I came up here to tell you I care and I know you do, too-"

"See, that's where you're wrong. I don't care. I used to, but you destroyed my ability to care when you broke my trust and my heart." He looks so hurt all over again, as if he is remembering just how much I hurt him.

He's right. I am stupid for thinking anything good would come of this. I should have just let Max go. I'm stupid.

"I think we have all learnt a lesson here tonight!" Max shouts to the people watching us. "Daredevils may believe they're the best for a while, but in the end, Dominators always win!"

People cheer and chant 'dominate' over and over, turning an apology into something from a nightmare.

"Max, please? I made a mistake, too. I went too far but only because I cared about you and you hurt me. I am sorry, but please don't-"

"Too far? Too far is a fucking understatement. I am going to show you how much pain you put me through when you let them tie me up," he growls. "Take her," he tells the two giants and they do.

They drag me out of the room as my heart falls and a lump forms in my throat.

Max walks right behind me as the two men carry me outside. The entire school comes to watch, interested to see what happens next in their little show.

They tie me up so tight that my wrists burn against the rope. I have to stand on my toes because my arms are tied high above my head and I can't stand otherwise.

"It's comfortable, isn't it, babe?" he taunts.

I watch as they bring out the tray with the pens and food and everything else to throw at me. He picks up a pen and slowly walks to me, smirking.

I close my eyes. "Please stop. You don't have to do this," I beg.

"You're right, I don't have to do this." I open my eyes, surprised that he's agreeing. "I want to do this."

I shake my head, which only seems to make him enjoy it more. "You're going to wish you never did it," I state.

He laughs. "I doubt it."

~~*~~

YEET!

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG