16 | i'm sorry

AERI

i was sitting on the swing, swinging myself and heard it creak every time i went back and forth. mark told that our schedule changed, we'll be doing our plan tomorrow. and i am with. i wanna find taeil.

i want him to take me away from here.

it doesn't really sound like me right? but i am changing a lot now, i don't know how. i want to stay with this family, but i feel like going to taeil more.

starting now, i want to go away and make a new life like the others. but i will of course not forget the boys, but for sure forget my feelings towards hyuck.

i feel like there's no chance of him liking me back, he has been, i don't know hating me. he's treating me really different.

the boys are inside our room now, probably sleeping or talking, i don't know. i sneaked out to get fresh air, and relax.

the moon was bright and full, it reminded me of my brother. the sky were pitch black, but there were stars that were glowing. beautiful. beautiful.

i felt someone's footsteps behind me, before i could turn around i felt a heavy palm landed on my shoulder. my heart skipped a beat.

i turned my head around. "sorry sister, i will return to my room-" i stopped when i saw donghyuck's face. i gulped, and quickly faced forward.

he sat on the other swing, and i could see on my eye corner that he was staring at me. can he stop? he is making my heart beat fast. stop please.

"aeri..." he spoke, and sat still, still looking into my eyes. i didn't answered, but just waited for him to say something.

he sighed, looking down at his fingers. "about earlier, i am sorry for making you believe that promises are meant to be...." he pauses. "to be broken."

i bit my lips, and started to swing a bit faster. "why are you like this hyuck, why are you so cruel towards me?" i asked bravely, then exhaled.

donghyuck looked at me. "i-.... i didn't mean to be like this to you." he spoke simply, but it wasn't enough.

"why? did i do something wrong? please tell me answers, or else i'll get tired of acting sweet and fine towards you, while i'm actually not." i said, chewing on my lips and tried not to burst out crying.

donghyuck stood up, and stopped me by swinging. the swing stopped creaking. he stood in front of me, and i looked down at my lap where my hands were placed.

"there's just a specific thing, and it's complicated to speak it out." he honestly said, he kneeled down and looked up at my hanging face.

"then why didn't you just tell me, instead of acting so arrogant towards me. it breaks me hyuck, you've done that since i was 14, for 2 years." i said, i sniffed and a tear escaped my eye.

donghyuck quickly grabbed my hands and squeezed them, he lifted my chin and hushed me.

"can you just say it?" i asked, tears were flowing down.

donghyuck looked around, sweating with his lips pursed. "i am sorry for making you feel like this, it was so stupid of me." he spoke, literally ignoring my question earlier.

i stood up, wiping my tears away. "sorry hyuck, but i can't accept your apology." i said, i turned around and left him kneeling down the solid floor.

note: abc