Chapter 5

(3rd Person)

To say they'd caught everyone's attention when arriving was an understatement, when (Y/N) and Mark arrived at the scene of the entrance exams, everyone was instantly turning towards them... mostly because of the armband and headband the two wore being matching and looking as though a child designed them both, at first, they were both rumoured to be easy pickings and therefore two less problems to worry about... but that was quickly silenced when everyone could easily tell both the aura of determination and their strength just by taking a second glance at them. Everyone present who were walking towards the building were all tense now that they had such strong competition.

Mark: Welp... tied again, damn you and your concentration...

(Y/N): 'You mean you tried to distract me to get an advantage?'.

Mark: Wha-!? No! I'd never... well... maybe just a tiny bit, hehehe...

(Y/N) shook his head in amusement and disappointment, Mark simply chuckled, rubbing the back of his head as he turned around, only to hum in curiosity. Following his gaze, (Y/N) saw what made the boy so curious: it looked like a floating pair of clothes heading right for them, they both blinked in confusion as the floating uniform stopped in front of them, waving its sleeve at them.

???: Hi there!

Mark: Ack!? It talks!

(Y/N) smacked Mark on the back of the head, bowing in apology towards the supposed invisible person who waved it off.

???: Nah! It's alright! I'm used to people not realising I'm an actual person! Anyway, I couldn't help but notice your cute bands!

Mark: Oh, these? Yeah, my little sis made them to wish us luck in the trials ahead.

???: Awww! Adorable! Your little sister must care about you both so much! Oh! Right, stupid me, I forgot to introduce myself: I'm Toru Hagakure, it's super nice to meet you both!

Mark: Oh, nice to meet you too, and sorry for not realising you were a person before. You have a quirk that has something to do with invisibility then?

Hagakure: Yeah, my family has it too, and I inherited it... it kinds sucks sometimes when the only reason people stare at you is because they think you're pulling some sort of magic trick with floating clothes.

Mark: Oh, that must be hard to deal with... but, moving on from that subject. I'm Mark Killa, he's (Y/N) (L/N)!

Hagakure: Well, it's nice to meet you both! Killa, (L/N)!

(Y/N) nodded in response, that earned Hagakure's attention as she walked closer to the boy, humming in curiosity as (Y/N) could feel her breath on his face despite not being able to see her face, both Mark and (Y/N) could easily tell that her face was close enough that any closer and their noses would be touching.

Hagakure: Are you mute? I'm not trying to be rude, I was just curious since you didn't talk, and I'm being extremely rude again, I'm sorry!

(Y/N) shook his hands, showing he was fine with it as he shook his head to state his answer only serving to feed the invisible girl's curiosity.

Mark: He's always been like that Hagakure: he's not mute, but he prefers to talk through sign language instead.

Hagakure: Oooh! That's cool! Though, I don't think I could do it... sorry!

(Y/N): 'It's ok, I'm not deaf after all'.

Hagakure: Uhh...

Mark: He's saying that there's no problem, after all, while he doesn't like to talk, he can still hear you.